Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ralf Ballis
Forum: Chrysler April 25th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Jackstand placement on 1993 Grand Voyager

wrote:

> I would like to know where is the best and safest place to position
> the jack stands.

Take a look...
Forum: 4x4 March 19th 07, 06:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.mitsubishi,rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 3
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Mitsibishu 2.8TDI ClubCab/Colt/Pajero/Shogun oil pressure question

wrote:

> I get at least 0.7 bar at idle (750 rpm)

That's very good!

> What I'm concerned about is the fact that the engine has just
> been overhauled - surely an engine with...
Forum: 4x4 March 18th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.mitsubishi,rec.autos.4x4

wrote:

> But on its first long trip, oil pressure began to steadily drop
> to 0.6 bar per 1000 rpm over 12 hours of driving.

A minimum of 0,5 bar at idle and worm engine should be...
Forum: Chrysler March 14th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralf Ballis
to limp or not to limp?

Would say there was something wrong with the idle controlling and doesn't
stand in relation with the trany so take a look at the idle controlling.

Regards,

Ralf
--
www.omnibusclub.de
Erfinder des...

Intrepid33 wrote:

> - completely dead, a silent death. Is it the starter, the solenoid or
> what

What's about control lights, is voltage dropping below?

Regards,

Ralf
Forum: Technology February 10th 07, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 31
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Adjusting carburetors for oxygenated gasoline

larry moe 'n curly wrote:

> If a factory manual says to adjust the idle mixture of a carb through
> the "lean drop" method but the manual was written before ethanol or
> MTBE started to be added to...
Forum: Technology February 8th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Ford 352 big block service manual

wrote:

> I have a 352 ford big block in a tow behind air compressor, and im
> looking for a manual online that i can use for reference on repairs.
> It currently needs new...
Forum: Technology February 7th 07, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Battery cables reversed.

J J wrote:

> Are there items that might of been damaged?**If*damaged*would*it*be
> immediate? Are there items I should check?

It would be important to know what car it is.

Regards,

Ralf
Forum: 4x4 December 6th 06, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralf Ballis
1990 Ford F150 fuel pump keeps running?

Steve wrote:

> Is there a bad relay somewhere

Thats the first you should looking for.

Regards,

Ralf
--
Forum: Chrysler November 23rd 06, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3

Khodabear wrote:

> Would a failed fuel pump take out a fusible link?

Yes, in case of a short circuit.

> How can I test for power at the pump? I don't seem to find a feed wire
> to the pump.

Maybe...
Forum: Chrysler November 21st 06, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Exhaust temperature?

mike wrote:

> One of the questions that I have been kicking around is exhaust
> temperature requirements. Is a cooler exhaust temp better? With a
> completely home made exhaust system (manifold and...
Forum: Chrysler November 17th 06, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralf Ballis
98 Grand Caravan trans

jenn wrote:

> This 3.0 has the 4speed automatic with 103K miles, and hasnt given me
> any problems till now. I leave the house and about a mile down the
> road, it goes into a false neutral. Trans...
Forum: Technology November 8th 06, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Isuzu Electrical Problem

wrote:

> Hi there, has anyone every had there ignition lights stay on after
> starting the motor?

Check v-belt.

> myne stays on and the internal fan does not
> work.Please help...
Forum: Chrysler November 6th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Benz 280 SE 1969 Auto-Transmission Problem

chicko wrote:

> If anyone could advise on this fault. I shift into drive the car moves
> forward but when I apply accelerator the engine reves, but car moves
> slowly and eventually over what seems...
Forum: Technology November 2nd 06, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ralf Ballis
chrysler fuse #8 blowing

wrote:

> Several times car will not start and tracable to blowing of fuse
> #8...dealer cannot find problem since intermittent....problem started
> after very vigorous car...
Forum: Technology October 20th 06, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Jumper cables vs jumper battery?

wrote:

> Trying to put together an emer car kit.... water, food,
> wiper blades, etc.
>
> Need someway to jump start car.
>
> Are cables still the best way or are these new jumper
Forum: Technology October 18th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Ralf Ballis
bypassing rear brakes

Big T wrote:

> would they be extremely grabby?

Would say it would be very stupid to do this!
By the way, manipulations like this has in consequence to lose all
pretension of insurance in case of an...
Forum: Chrysler October 17th 06, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 16
Posted By Ralf Ballis
ATF in PS Reservoir

John Kunkel wrote:

> ATF also has anti-oxidants and corrosion inhibitors; the only noticeable
> difference in the two (besides color) is the anti-foaming properties and
> this only becomes an issue...
Forum: Technology October 11th 06, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralf Ballis
keyless entry

juicejuice wrote:

> How the heck to I program the keyless entry on my 2001 mazda protege
> without paying somebody money for simple instructions?

If it's radio controlled and not an infrared it...
Forum: Technology October 10th 06, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralf Ballis
2002 Jetta Diesel starting problem

Jesse wrote:

> Colder mornings the glowplug light comes on only for couple seconds
> and lots of cranking to start, lots of smoke due unburned fuel. Rest
> of day it is warmer & starts OK. Replaced...
Forum: Technology October 9th 06, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Ralf Ballis
1990 Cutlass lights flickering

Steve Walker wrote:

> The voltage at idle is 14.1, and with everything but the A/C (non
> functioning)on, it holds 13.6, with no drop after 10 minutes. She says
> she's never noticed it, and hasn't...
Forum: Technology October 9th 06, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralf Ballis
abs dashboard light on

mike wrote:

> help my 2001 infinity-i30 abs light on the dashboard stay on while the
> car running.Brake system working normal.

In this case the brake system works normal without ABS.
In most cases...
Forum: Honda October 7th 06, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By Ralf Ballis
Bad connection in headlamp electrical connector

wrote:

> Any other quick fix
> ideas?

Maybe your get a change when you tighter the contacts by using a plies or
some thing.
Ones you clean it chemical so I think a grease...
Forum: Technology October 7th 06, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda

wrote:

> Any other quick fix
> ideas?

Maybe your get a change when you tighter the contacts by using a plies or
some thing.
Ones you clean it chemical so I think a grease...
Forum: General October 7th 06, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda