Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Larry[_1_]
Forum: Simulators December 10th 08, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 46
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

Oh, so as a non-member you've been able to hack in, see it, determine it's
Hyberbole, and then come to RAS and get your weekly BS out of the way early.

You're welcome.

"Jonathan Mars"...
Forum: Simulators December 10th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 46
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

They ARE accurate. Accurate as of the time scanned.

You can't possibly expect them to go spend another 100k for a re-scan every
time they change something?

Even Microsoft upgrades aren't THAT...
Forum: Simulators December 10th 08, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 46
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

I actually finished 4th in the fun run IIRC. That's amazing for me LOL

But you're right. A lot wrecked out.

Hey, skill, luck, attrition, I don't care. I'll take the spots :)

-Larry

"Ed Medlin"...
Forum: Simulators December 3rd 08, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 46
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

I'm not a huge fan of RC racing (I'm more of an oval hound), but I gotta
tell you...

The quality of the iRacing Watkins Glen track is surpassed by nothing,
possibly even the real thing :)

And...
Forum: Simulators November 3rd 08, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By Larry[_1_]
Another boring iRacing movie... or maybe not?

You certainly know how to make a video :)

-Larry

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> Annoyed at iRacing not...
Forum: Simulators October 31st 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry[_1_]
I - Racing, Down

It was.

"Victor Greenwood" > wrote in message
> Let us hope it is for the update!

Forum: Simulators October 24th 08, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 20
Posted By Larry[_1_]
This is why I find it hard to stay away from iRacing...

I KNOW there are people running it under Vista64. Make sure you contact
support. They are very quick to respond.

Sometimes it's not the OS or the SIM that's the issue. NOD32 has a few
known...
Forum: Simulators October 15th 08, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 43
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing - Hardware

Most trouble-free sound card ever made. It's a shame they didn't continue
the family :(

-Larry

"speedmd" > wrote in message...
Forum: Simulators October 13th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 43
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing - Hardware

If you could run NR2003 full tilt, you can run iRacing. However a bump in
processor and graphics capability would NOT hurt.

-Larry

"Dirt" > wrote in message...
Forum: Simulators October 7th 08, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 38
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing mentioned on BBC news!

And one wonders where those famous catch-phrases for Euro's come from.
Sheesh...

"Jimmy Jazz" > wrote in message
> "Larry" > wrote...
Forum: Simulators October 3rd 08, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 38
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing mentioned on BBC news!

Tim,

I'm not so sure about the "Easier to Gain" part :)

Yes, it's easy to loose. In Class C, you can lose a full 1/2 point quite
easily. Possibly more. But a totally clean, 60 lap race will...
Forum: Simulators October 3rd 08, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 38
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing mentioned on BBC news!

Really. Funny how the F150 and Silverado are the #1 selling vehicles in the
USA. Well, actually that is being challanged lately but for the last 30
years plus that's the way it's...
Forum: Simulators September 29th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 57
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing: a simulation for grown men and women

I'll pass, but boy did you just set yourself up :)

-Larry

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message

> I can smell my own ****.
Forum: Simulators September 29th 08, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Larry[_1_]
How may players are renting iRacing?

And I was right... :)

-Larry

"Larry" > wrote in message
> Part of the reason for this is the Silver Crown, and I _think_ C Class is
Forum: Simulators September 29th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By Larry[_1_]
old sims

Give Sun VirtualBox a try. Faster than VirtualPC, AND it supports USB,
etc... And it's free now :)

I installed Ubuntu on it in about 15 min.

-Larry

"jeffareid" > wrote in...
Forum: Simulators September 25th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By Larry[_1_]
DIRT a little too expensive for me ;P

$22 is too expensive?

"Lou" > wrote in message
> http://astore.amazon.com/race2play-20/detail/B000OPPR72/105-3903369-7106055
Forum: Simulators September 25th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Larry[_1_]
How may players are renting iRacing?

Part of the reason for this is the Silver Crown, and I _think_ C Class is
where most racers are right now. It's not a big hit (has nothing to do with
the quality of the car modeling, which is...
Forum: Simulators September 17th 08, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Larry[_1_]
iRacing - Throttle-On Braking with the F-Mazda

Well, I can't tell you if it's right or not, but I do the same thing. All
of my RC Mazda setups have had the bias set between 48 and 52 or so.

I am also a power-on braker. Bear in mind we're not...
Forum: Simulators September 15th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By Larry[_1_]
GTR Evo Arrived...

LOL :)

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> (Larry) wrote:
>
>> Man, RAS...
Forum: Simulators September 15th 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By Larry[_1_]
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Steering Wheel Review

Dude, it's engineered in the device, on purpose, by Logitech for mechanical
reasons. Unless you re-engineered it and removed it then it is there.

Like I said. Maybe you ain't bothered by it. ...
Forum: Simulators September 15th 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By Larry[_1_]
GTR Evo Arrived...

Man, RAS sure has gone to hell in a handbasket :(

"Jing-Jing" > wrote in message
> "David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote...
Forum: Simulators September 12th 08, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By Larry[_1_]
GTR Evo Arrived...

I didn't moan. I'm quite happy...

BTW.... Nice manners.

-Larry

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message
> Shut it, you ****....
Forum: Simulators September 11th 08, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By Larry[_1_]
GTR Evo Arrived...

Good job :)

-Larry

"PlowBoy" > wrote in message

> "John Doe" > wrote in message
Forum: Simulators September 11th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By Larry[_1_]
GTR Evo Arrived...

Hmm.... Dunno...

"John Doe" > wrote in message

> Can you be any more obscure?
Forum: Simulators September 10th 08, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By Larry[_1_]
GTR Evo Arrived...

It's a DVD in a DVD case, with a single sheet controller guide. I just love
the first 4 commands:

Up Arrow - Accellerate
Brake - Down Arrow
Steer Left - Left Arrow