Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JohanB
Forum: Ford Explorer October 6th 06, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By JohanB
Explorer 98' engine Pinging

Don't forget to check the intake for vacuum leaks( very common)

Might be a lean ping

Spray carb or t-body cleaner @ the intake gasket area and EGR tube where it
goes into intake and listen for rpm...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 6th 06, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 8
Posted By JohanB
2005 Explorer: Disc won't eject from CD player

Another tip

NEVER use cd's that you labeled yourself, there to thick

"Bob" > wrote in message

> 2005 Explorer XLT with standard audio...
Forum: Jeep October 6th 06, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By JohanB
Rear main seal

Hey...........

Looking for some advice

My rear main seal started leaking and I noticed they sell 2 types

A 1 lip or 2 lip seal.

Can I use both or do I have to install a 1 lip if it has a 1 lip
Forum: Ford Explorer September 15th 06, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By JohanB
The Windshield & Rearview Mirror Saga

They sell special mirror glue @ auto parts stores

Don't use anything else, it wont hold

Remove base plate from mirror, glue back on, put ducttape on it to hold in
place , remove tape after at least...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 8th 06, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By JohanB
1992 EB Ford Explorer Head Unit Installation Problems

Not all units will fit, bracket in dash in the way

You have a radio cassette and try to install a cd/radio/cassette and that
will not work

"tootles" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 8th 06, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By JohanB
1999 Explorer clacking sound

Engine running to lean ??? pinging

Replaced fuel filter @ the intervals it suppose to be replaced ???????????

Or 1 of the other 50 reasons that can cause a pinging engine

check engine light on...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 29th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By JohanB
RAP Module HELP??? - Power Door Lock Controller...

Have you tried to re-connect the rap and then lock and unlock the drivers
door with the key ????

> wrote in...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 29th 06, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By JohanB
99 Explorer 2dr- Jim Warman?

"Carl" > wrote in message
> Also, the rear wiper doesn't work. It appears that the arm has become
> slightly...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 29th 06, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By JohanB
Power Door Locks-Can open but not lock

Does the interior light stay on ???

If it sees a " door open" it wont lock

"Swift1" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 29th 06, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By JohanB
RAP Module HELP??? - Power Door Lock Controller...

It is 6 or 8 times within 10 seconds ending in the "run" position

> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a 1997...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 22nd 06, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By JohanB
More on: Air conditioner problem

Traveler was right , usually low on freon, look for hose connections that
have a oily residue,
Check if the clutch is oily etc.

Have a a/c mechanic pull a vacuum and if it passes add dye and freon ...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 17th 06, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By JohanB
Engine running hot (or temp gauge showing it is)

Low on coolant or sticky t-stat

"TTU" > wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Okay so this started yesterday night. My wife...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 14th 06, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By JohanB
93 Rough Idle/ Slow Initial Acceleration

Vacuum leak ???

> wrote in message
> Our 93 ford explorer has been a real champ in the last two years that
> we...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 7th 06, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 17
Posted By JohanB
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop

Yeah, IIRC just remove the rubber tube from the plastic airfilter cover and
clean it

Do you still have the 1 that is bolted to the lower part or the 1 with the
clips ??
Anyway, just make sure it is...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 7th 06, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 17
Posted By JohanB
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop

Yes , very fragile, no poking around with a sharp object, they sell special
MAF cleaner in a spray can

Is the air cleaner very dirty ???
That might be a clue, if they leak the maf gets...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 7th 06, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 17
Posted By JohanB
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop

I change them @ 30k because I'll buy gas wherever my tank is empty and
those are not always the high volume gas stations

I think 50K-60K is about the max for a fuel filter

I'm sure some people...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 7th 06, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 17
Posted By JohanB
1994 Ford Explorer 4x4 Acceleration Hesitates from a stop

Don't forget the fuel filter and check/clean the maf sensor

"jsanders" > wrote in message
> Here is the problem...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 4th 06, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By JohanB
rear air knocking?

Knocking or ratcheting ??????

If ratcheting probably a blend door motor, try moving to hot/cold and or
floor/defrost to see if the noise changes

"tombstne" > wrote...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18