Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: lolo
Forum: Technology July 30th 06, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By lolo
Bad engine mounts, but who cares?

They were going to design it so it was cheap and easy, but a mechanic
came to the engineer in the night and whispered in their ear to make it
REALLY difficult and expensive to replace the engine...
Forum: Technology July 29th 06, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By lolo
Bad engine mounts, but who cares?

well, if all the mounts break, your engine could end up on the ground
instead of in the car. Or something like that. 700 bucks!!!!! That's
rediculous. Take a look and see if you can't do it...
Forum: Technology July 29th 06, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By lolo
Ford Explorer Brakes Slow responding

I have never had this happen on a car with anti-lock brakes, so I don't
know about the pulsing part unless it turns out to be a warped rotor,
but on my toyota truck what happened was: The master...
Forum: Technology July 26th 06, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By lolo
1990 240 wagon running hot??

Hello, my 1990 240 DL wagon's temperature gauge gets up near the red
zone after idleing on a hot day for 20 minutes or so. I have flushed
out the coolant, and after suspecting there was an air...
Forum: Technology July 15th 06, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By lolo
help! my truck overheated? now it won't start ...

If the water was rust colored, you should flush the crap out of it
anyways, cuz something is desintigrating. Filling it back up is not
the solution here. The coolant should be a nice green color. ...
Forum: Technology July 15th 06, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By lolo
Volvo 240 (1990) running hot - flushed coolant, but???

the more I have been thinking about this (don't have time to work on
car during the week because of stupid work), it has to be air in there.
The expansion tank (i even figured out what that's...
Forum: Technology July 10th 06, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By lolo
Volvo 240 (1990) running hot - flushed coolant, but???

Yeah I hope so too. That was what I mentioned about the temerature
compensation board. On these 240s, the Temp comp. board can start
going out, and then you have no idea if it's actually hot or...
Forum: Technology July 10th 06, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By lolo
Volvo 240 (1990) running hot - flushed coolant, but???

Sorry, what I meant was the radiator cap is not on the radiator, it's
on a reservor to the side, which is weird to me. I am used to being
able to look down into the radiator to see what condition or...
Forum: Technology July 10th 06, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By lolo
Volvo 240 (1990) running hot - flushed coolant, but???

My 1990 Volvo 240 wagon runs a little hot when in traffic on a hot day.
It doesn't overheat, but it still makes me nervous. I flushed the
coolant, and it still does it. I also cleaned the contacts...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9