Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Red Jeep
Forum: Jeep December 15th 06, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By Red Jeep
Not Updating?

> HEY, I NEED A REFILL OVER HERE!

ROFL
Forum: Jeep December 15th 06, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 59
Posted By Red Jeep
AutoZone rant

Most of the time I prefer to use my debit card for purchases over $50 and
cash for anything less. If I had planned to buy lights, I would have hit
the cash machine before leaving work. I didn't...
Forum: Jeep December 15th 06, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 59
Posted By Red Jeep
AutoZone rant

My check was good. It's been many years since I have needed to float a
check, LOL!

The fact is, I got neither lights nor my check back. I am not complaining
so much that they wanted to pull a fast...
Forum: Jeep December 15th 06, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 59
Posted By Red Jeep
AutoZone rant

If the kid had said something UP FRONT before I started writing the check,
things would have been much different. I could have walked or chosen to pay
with a debit card. I elected to use a check;...
Forum: Jeep December 15th 06, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By Red Jeep
Not Updating?

"D" > wrote in :

> Hi Guys,
> Just a test to see if my server is updating at all.

I think you'd better try a different server.
Forum: Jeep December 15th 06, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 59
Posted By Red Jeep
AutoZone rant

I need to vent and explain why AutoZone just lost me as a customer.

The driver's side headlight on my XJ went out tonight. I stopped by the
nearest car parts place to pick up a pair of Sylvania...
Forum: Jeep December 11th 06, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Red Jeep
Free advice

> So I finished off a bottle of 90 weight gear lube and a box of Mr.
> Bubble. I don't feel so good. Uuurrrrp.

Just wait until it comes back up. A pinkish-grey, bubbly froth!
Forum: Jeep December 7th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Red Jeep
TJ having a worsening "shimmy" problem

Make sure that your lug nuts are tight. Look for missing wheel weights.
Have someone drive behind you and see if one wheel is wobbling worse than
others. Have you hit anything like a rock or curb...
Forum: Jeep December 7th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 47
Posted By Red Jeep
SSB CB Usage?

> http://www.galaxyradios.com/cb/959.html

It looks like it has all the bells & whistles you could ask for. Enough to
easily communicate on the trail and more if you so desire. Nice meter. Not...
Forum: Jeep December 7th 06, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Red Jeep
CJ Jeep Radio Size?

I was surprised to see a radio that might fit in your CJ7 at Walmart.
Durabrand or some such, less than $30.
Forum: Jeep December 6th 06, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 47
Posted By Red Jeep
SSB CB Usage?

Single side-band (SSB) has never been used on any runs (including EJS and
Camp Jeep) that I have been on. The least common denominator is AM (regular
CB) and often below CH23. CH4 (4WD) and CH16...
Forum: Jeep December 4th 06, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Red Jeep
CJ Jeep Radio Size?

There's actually a fair aftermarket available for 'classic' car radios.
Check out http://www.customautosound.com/

Sometimes you can find old radios on Ebay. That's where I picked up an AMC
in-dash...
Forum: Jeep December 4th 06, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Jeep
Liberty CRD Diesel '06: Interference with 2m radio transmissions

> First, use a direct connection to the battery terminals. Second, twist
> the connecting wires 2 or 3 twists per foot from the battery to your
> radio. Third, get a GOOD chassis ground connection...
Forum: Chrysler December 4th 06, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Jeep
Liberty CRD Diesel '06: Interference with 2m radio transmissions

> First, use a direct connection to the battery terminals. Second, twist
> the connecting wires 2 or 3 twists per foot from the battery to your
> radio. Third, get a GOOD chassis ground connection...
Forum: Jeep December 2nd 06, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Red Jeep
98 TJ: No headlights or turn signals!

According to the FSM for my '97, fuse #10 in the power distribution center
is for the headlights. It is one of the huge fuses and has a rating of
30amps. Might not hurt to swap it just in...
Forum: Jeep December 1st 06, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Red Jeep
98 TJ: No headlights or turn signals!

Do you have fog lights? Do they work?

Could be a bad ground. Clean the battery terminals and check the grounds to
body & engine. There should be a ground for the lights on the passenger
fender...
Forum: Jeep November 29th 06, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Red Jeep
1953 Jeep ID

Sorry if this is a dup.

What model is it? CJ, wagon, pickup? If CJ, high hood or low hood?

"Cliff" > wrote in...
Forum: Jeep November 21st 06, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Red Jeep
fantastic advice...

> 1995 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD with 111,163 miles

As I recall, there were four versions in '95: Sahara, Sport, Rio Grande,
and SE. The Rio Grande and SE versions had the four cylinder. The Sahara...
Forum: Jeep November 19th 06, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Red Jeep
Drove a 2007 Wrangler X today :-)

Much of what DC did with the JK had to do with meeting safety standards.
Swapping the I6 for a V6 made for more front crumple room. Moving the gas
tank from the rear gave more rear crumple room....
Forum: Jeep November 19th 06, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.jeep-l
Replies: 10
Posted By Red Jeep
Reputable source for rebuild kit

A good source is Hesco.

The best book is the factory service manual.

> Would like any recommendations regarding sources for master kits, 258
> tribal knowledge / tips&tricks and recommendations...
Forum: Jeep November 19th 06, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Red Jeep
07 Rubi w/ mods. Not so bad?

Very Cool! I like the AEV high fenders with their scoop hood. What happened
to the front turn signals? Must be a custom grille too.

I can't say about d44 the 2007s. Definitely a different axle than...
Forum: Jeep November 18th 06, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Red Jeep
Fuel Gauge Prob

Check the ground from the battery negative to the body. The wire can
corrode inside the connector and look OK from the outside. Use a jumper
cable from the battery negative to something mounted to...
Forum: Jeep November 7th 06, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 10
Posted By Red Jeep
Jeep Antenna Mount, Opinions?

http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/

I bought two of their windshield mounts. For RF safety, I put the CB on
the driver's side (4watts) and the 2m on the passenger side (35watts).
The only down side...
Forum: Jeep November 5th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Red Jeep
For those of you with itty bitty people in your family

For those of you with twin- or full-sized...
Forum: Jeep November 5th 06, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By Red Jeep
Rubicon front locker

I met a fellow with a Rubicon at Camp Jeep this year whose front locker
would not engage when if the vehicle was warm. The Jeep enginering team
correctly diagnosed it as a bad switch. The switch is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41