Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lefty
Forum: Technology July 8th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Lefty
R12 to R134a conversion tips?

Before I went through all the rigamorole you're planning and assuming
you didn't have any hard parts failure (only the burst hose) I'd try
pulling the system down and charge it using the ester oil....
Forum: Technology December 9th 06, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Lefty
tearing down my 302 in search of water in oil

Make sure your thermostat is working and the coolant temperature is at
least 190 degrees and like the previous post make sure your crankcase
is vented properly.

curt.bussiere wrote:
> OK I am...
Forum: Technology December 8th 06, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Lefty
Automotive Brake Line Repair

I've encountered several splice repairs made with a Dorman brand
compression fitting on automotive steel brake line. I was trained this
was not an acceptable or legal method of repair. I've found the...
Forum: Technology September 29th 06, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Lefty
I haven't changed spark plus in 4.5 years

Plugs, wires, caps and rotors need to be changed at the manufacturer's
recommended interval or at least inspected and tested upon the
manifestation of any symptoms of a 'miss'. As plugs age the...
Forum: Technology September 19th 06, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Lefty
electrical connectors

Scotch Locks . . . Ebay has them (Mombo's Automotive Electrical)
along with any online electrical supplier. I've made a lot of money
finding and replacing these little corrosion incubators. Usually...
Forum: Technology September 5th 06, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Lefty
My engineer neighbor's approach to oil change breaking in his truck ?

Won't hurt to follow the 'traditional' break in. 5000 miles between oil
changes is a bit too much for my liking, synthetic or not, but as has
been stated personal preference is just that . . ....
Forum: Technology August 13th 06, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Lefty
Overheating problem

Is your coolant really hot? Are you losing coolant (boil over)? Gauges
are mechanical devices which may not be correct. Yours connects to a
sensor in the coolant stream. If you are not losing...
Forum: Technology July 22nd 06, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Lefty
Stuck spark plugs

P B Blaster is good penetrating oil. Spray the plug base a couple of
times and let it soak overnight. Spray again and try to loosen them.
Candle wax is a good but hard to get it where it needs to go...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8