Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Magnulus
Forum: Driving September 3rd 06, 08:07 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By Magnulus
Californians: Better Start Shopping for a Hands-Free Kit...

Just ban them altogether.

Cars are transportation, not portable offices. Your job behind the wheel
of a car is to drive.
Forum: Driving August 31st 06, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 67
Posted By Magnulus
Teenagers?? Anyone Out There

I am not a teen but I guess I am a "new driver"

I have only been driving for about 2 1/2 years. I got my full license at
age 28. For medical reasons many years I just did not drive. I was not...
Forum: Driving August 25th 06, 11:41 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By Magnulus
Just a Typical Day in SoCal

A typical undertaxed ****. Don't worry, the rich will be the first to be
eaten when the apocalypse comes.
Forum: Driving August 18th 06, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban
Replies: 15
Posted By Magnulus
Could Rising Gas Prices Kill the Suburbs?

"Matthew Russotto" > wrote in message
> 20 miles a day at say 20mpg (which is what my Subaru gets; my Miata
> does...
Forum: Driving August 18th 06, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 107
Posted By Magnulus
Gas Too Expensive? Try These Options

If you stop too hard with a hybrid it doesn't recover the power. You
still have to coast to a stop, otherwise the actual brakes are used, not the
motor.
Forum: Driving August 17th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to misc.consumers,alt.consumers,rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc
Replies: 61
Posted By Magnulus
SUV Drivers are terrorists

"arachnid" > wrote in message
> No matter how expensive gasoline gets, a large well-armored SUV is a
> good...
Forum: Driving August 17th 06, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban

"George Conklin" > wrote in message
> Sorry...it is 10 MILES which takes 21 minutes. The Amos Hawley rule of...
Forum: Driving August 14th 06, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 59
Posted By Magnulus
Declining Death Rates Due to Safer Vehicles, Not Better Drivers Or Improved Roadways

"Bill Funk" > wrote in message
> I think a much harder system of granting licenses is definitely in
> order.

In the US you...
Forum: Driving August 6th 06, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Magnulus
AN AMERICAN CONTRIBUTION TO GLOBAL DESTRUCTION

Not all Americans like SUV's. Some of us hate them.

Whenever I pass an SUV or a mega truck hauling nothing but a trogolodyte
to get his latte, I just make a little hand jesture, putting two...
Forum: Driving August 6th 06, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 22
Posted By Magnulus
Suppose you were in a plane and oncomoing planes continually zipped by 5 feet to your left.

I say ban cell phones. They are a good idea gone horribly wrong.

I saw a guy riding a bike talking on a cell phone today. That's a first
for me.

I admit, I do have a cell phone. But I feel...
Forum: Driving August 4th 06, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Magnulus
Are You in the 70% Group or the 30% Group?

Better yet, ditch car stereos altogether except for luxury models. Oh
sure, I can see radios in cars for emergency uses, etc. But do cars really
need CD players and tape players? No.

Likewise...
Forum: Driving August 3rd 06, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Magnulus
Are You in the 70% Group or the 30% Group?

The last century was definitely the century of the automobile in the US.
People defined themselves by theirs cars. I think this next century will
see it dethroned. I can see signs of it all...
Forum: Driving August 2nd 06, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Magnulus
Are You in the 70% Group or the 30% Group?

I don't like driving all that much. Oh, sometimes I do. Like on the
rare occasions when traffic is light. It happens sometimes. I like riding
my scooter too, again when traffic is light and...
Forum: Driving August 1st 06, 06:26 PM Posted to nyc.general,rec.motorcycles,alt.motorcycle.honda.nighthawk,rec.motorcycles.harley,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 26
Posted By Magnulus
Another Idiot Motorcylist Crashes

"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
> I agree motorcyclists are idiots but i'm glad they're out there. Their
Forum: Driving August 1st 06, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 65
Posted By Magnulus
Would you like this law? - Manatory life in prison for DUIs who kill kids?

Alot of "accidents" are caused by people reaching down for something or
otherwise being distracted. Are those faultless? I read of one accident
that was caused because a woman dropped a...
Forum: Driving August 1st 06, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 40
Posted By Magnulus
Are you an aggressive driver?

"morticide" > wrote in message
> One or two? Better abolish the motor vehicle and licensing. I would
> guess that...
Forum: Driving July 26th 06, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 103
Posted By Magnulus
States Boost Speed Limits On Major Highways

"Mike T." > wrote in message
> And about .000001% of drivers do that. -Dave

I never drive above the speed limit...
Forum: Driving July 26th 06, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> That is the same condition that poorly set speed limit causes.

Most states...
Forum: Driving July 25th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> Then do what Chicago did with State Street: close it off to automobile
> traffic...
Forum: Driving July 25th 06, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> Pedestrian friendly and underposted speed limits are not compatible
> concepts. That means the roads are built for higher speed of...
Forum: Driving July 25th 06, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"necromancer" > wrote in message
> Aren't you the one who lives somewhere near Orlando?

Yeah, we have sprawl but...
Forum: Driving July 24th 06, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Brent P" > wrote in message
.

> The speed limit in the USA is not a limit of any sort in function in...
Forum: Driving July 24th 06, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 103
Posted By Magnulus
States Boost Speed Limits On Major Highways

A city like Winter Park in Florida has speed limits well below typical
speeds. Why do they set the speeds lower, "underposted". Because they
don't want people zooming around the town, it's a very...
Forum: Driving July 24th 06, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 103
Posted By Magnulus
States Boost Speed Limits On Major Highways

Define underposted road? Just what you think the speed limit should be?
I find alot of roads in my area (Central Florida) have speed limits far too
high. Probably because the area was rural at...
Forum: Driving July 24th 06, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Geoff Miller" > wrote in message
> It should be _treated_ as the minimum if there's anyone behind
> you, out of consideration for your fellow...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35