Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike[_1_]
Forum: Chrysler October 21st 09, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By mike[_1_]
SRT-4 Caliber Kicker sub connector

We just bought a slightly used 2008 SRT-4. The guy before us had a
sterio in it, and I am assuming that he kept the original Kicker sub
that came with the car (can see the marks on the hook on the...
Forum: Chrysler May 22nd 09, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
Second Gen Neon rear Swaybar replacement

So thanks to our great roads, I managed to brake the rear sway bar on
my 2001 Neon. The bar broke right at the eyelet where it mounts the
the passenger linkage.

Does anyone know if there has any...
Forum: Chrysler October 8th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_1_]
2001 Neon Rear Brake Cylinder

The driver side rear drum cylinder has failed on my 2001 neon. It was
a 'all of a sudden' good working order, to leaking badly.
I have checked, and the cylinder is leaking.

That being said, is there...
Forum: Chrysler February 28th 08, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By mike[_1_]
2001 neon dome light fuse

Hank:

Although I would think that this would be super rare in a car, It is
possible, and something I will look into. I this is the case, my money
is on the fuse.

Something else I noticed, don't...
Forum: Chrysler February 27th 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By mike[_1_]
2001 neon dome light fuse

Glenn;
I would have assumed that the fuse was gone, however the light does
work on occation (more often not however).
When the light first failed to come on, I checked the light itself
first, then...
Forum: Chrysler February 26th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By mike[_1_]
2001 neon dome light fuse

This should hopefully be a quick question for someone;

What is on the same fuse as the interior dome light?

The interior light on my 2001 neon has been more often then not
working. When it is not...
Forum: Chrysler February 23rd 08, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By mike[_1_]
2001 Neon spark plug tube rising

Bit of an odd one.
I have a 2001 Neon, approx. 160,000km.
Car started was idling a bit rough this morning for about 20 seconds
after startup. I decided to check the plugs. The spark plug tube in
the...
Forum: Chrysler February 27th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_1_]
2.0l Valve cover removal question

Just a quick question, can the valve cover be removed off a single
overhead cam 2.0 leter engine (Neon) without draining the oil?

Mike
mlawrenc(at)gmail.com
Forum: Chrysler February 12th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
95 Neon Water in the oil....?

On Feb 12, 1:40 pm, "maxpower" > wrote:
> "mike" > wrote in message

> > I know that I...
Forum: Chrysler February 12th 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
95 Neon Water in the oil....?

I know that I am being extremely hopeful on this.

I checked the oil yesterday in my 95 Dodge Neon. Noticing that it was
a little low, I removed the oil cap, and noticed a creamy sludge on
the cap....
Forum: Chrysler January 19th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 18
Posted By mike[_1_]
Dodge Caliber / Jeep Compass Opinions

Being under 35, I would have to disagree with you steve. This may be
all depend on where you live too. I know that in most Canadian Cities I
have lived in (or have friends in), alot of the people I...
Forum: Chrysler January 19th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
2001 Neon Broken rear spring? Could this be possible?

Thank you for the response.
I thought the shock freezing too, however, it does not explain how the
car ended up at that ride hight. It did not have any weight in the
trunk (actually had less then...
Forum: Chrysler January 18th 07, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
2001 Neon Broken rear spring? Could this be possible?

Now I am confused.
I checked the car visually without removing the rear tire, and it
appears to have returned to the normal ride height. The only difference
is today it has returned to a reasonable...
Forum: Chrysler January 18th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
2001 Neon Broken rear spring? Could this be possible?

I have a 2001 Chrysler Neon with the Driver rear tire riding extremely
low compared to normal.
In general, the second generation Neons has a high riding rear (even
with the weight of subs + amps).

I...
Forum: Chrysler December 8th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_1_]
hi rpm at start up

As mentioned below, check the PCV valve and hose to and from it. As
Philthy mentioned, replace the PCV valve anyway, as they are about
$3.00CND. If this is the only time it revs like this, I am a...
Forum: Chrysler December 7th 06, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By mike[_1_]
Info about Chrysler 2.0L Engine

I always thought that it was the SOHC. I remember when they first
interduced the car. There was a shortage in the SOHC engines as a
result, and some neons got a free upgrade to the DOHC.
As for the...
Forum: Chrysler December 7th 06, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

phreak wrote:
> I like the Compass over the Patriot but both vehicles need a decent
> turbo diesel or even (gasp!) the 2.7 v6 mated to the CVT and the
> uprated 4x4 system/suspension with the whole...
Forum: Chrysler December 7th 06, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

who wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve B. > wrote:
>
> > A very small percentage of people still want to change gears. Doesn't
> > matter if...
Forum: Chrysler November 27th 06, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 18
Posted By mike[_1_]
Dodge Caliber / Jeep Compass Opinions

I am looking for what people think of the the Dodge Caliber and Jeep
Compass.
I am looking at ordering a Jeep Compass, early in the new year, and am
looking for opinions from those that own either...
Forum: Chrysler November 25th 06, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
Exhaust temperature?

The reason for asking about exhaust temps is the new piping that is
going to be installed is being cut, and bent by my father inlaw.
One of the guys in our group brought up the thought of using a...
Forum: Chrysler November 25th 06, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 0
Posted By mike[_1_]
Throttle spacers?

I have seen these throttle spacers on the market.
Is it just me, or do these things actually do more damage then good?
>From what I can tell, most have some sort of fins or threads the cause
the air...
Forum: Chrysler November 25th 06, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
dodge neon muffler

You would be better off spending your money else where.
With a added tip, you are going to attact unnessessary attention, with
nothing to back it up.
Check Neon.org for info regarding Neon mods. This...
Forum: Chrysler November 21st 06, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 31
Posted By mike[_1_]
2002 GC Steering Noise...

This may be unrelated, but I have had a simular issue with both of the
Dodge Neons I own (2001 and 1995).
In my case, this only occurred when it was fairly cold outside. I did
notice that if I...
Forum: Chrysler November 21st 06, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By mike[_1_]
Exhaust temperature?

Within the next month, I will begin working on a new project car.
The base car will be a 2 door, 95 neon with a SOHC 2.0 with a 5 speed.

One of the questions that I have been kicking around is...
Forum: Chrysler October 21st 06, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 26
Posted By mike[_1_]
New Veriable Speed transmission

I was out trying to look at a new car, and my wife took a liking to the
Jeep Crossover, with the two-pulley transmission. I am not new to this
design, as I have been using this type of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29