Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fred 2
Forum: Ford Explorer July 25th 07, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 3
Posted By Fred 2
Enable Daytime Running Lights on 2007 Explorer (US)

What year vehicle is this? Some already have the harness installed you
just install the module. Later years '98 and later? don't even have
the harness installed

See some info...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 12th 07, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Fred 2
93 V8 vibration

You don't say what vehicle it is "93 V8" must not be an Explorer SUV
as they didn't have a V8 in '93

At any rate sound like torque converter shudder, change the auto
transmission fluid.

On 11 Apr...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 26th 06, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Fred 2
96 explorer v8

The 4R70W transmission used with the V8 (5.0) Explorer is pretty good
here is some...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 19th 06, 07:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Fred 2
Explorer update in 1995- good?

The V8 wasn't added till the '96 model year, 4R70W transmission used
with the V8 is a very good...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 12th 06, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred 2
Tire Experience, GoodYear and Bridgestone

My '96 Explorer V8 came with the Firestone ATX, Replaced them with
Michelin LTX M/S, when they finally wore out, I replaced them with the
current tires, Goodyear Fortera Silent Guard, so far no...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 8th 06, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Fred 2
Horn operation with keyless remote

You can switch the alarm system over to "Japan mode" there will be no
horn chirping when you press the lock button on the key fob. The
factory service manual says how to change alarm modes.

On Sun,...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 12th 06, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By Fred 2
Caster bolt source

I have a '96 Explorer US vehicle and it also has the two piece upper
control arm on the right hand side. My '96 factory service manual also
shows the two-piece design for the right hand side. The two...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 9th 06, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By Fred 2
Tire Rotation Question

I just did a rotation as per the ower's manual,

LR to LF, RR to RF

Original LF to RR, original RF to LR

This pattern compensate for edge wearing.

This rotaion pattern is okay unless you have...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 4th 06, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Fred 2
MAX A/C question for you

Vehicle owner's manuals used to include warnings in the A/C section of
the manual.

They would say to never use Max (recirculate) for long periods of
time, and when using recirculate you should...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 4th 06, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred 2
Changing spark plugs

Change all plugs from the wheel openings (underneath) it's a lot
easier than from the top, when I did mine I didn't even try attempt to
get to them from above. That box on the passenger side is the...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 1st 06, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 11
Posted By Fred 2
Changing spark plugs

Take off the front wheels and splash skirts then you can get to the
plugs. That's how I reached them on my Explorer V8

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:16:14 -0400, "J. Doh" > wrote:

>How much do...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11