Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tomes
Forum: Jeep March 5th 09, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 45
Posted By Tomes
Tire Stores and lug nut torque settings

"Lon" ...
> DougW wrote:
>> Tomes wrote:
>>> "DougW" ...
Forum: Jeep March 3rd 09, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 45
Posted By Tomes
Tire Stores and lug nut torque settings

"DougW" ...
> /ramjw\__
> .:\:\:/:/.
> ( ~ ~ ):
> .-------------------.\ = o /
> | PLEASE DO NOT |( (_) )
> | FEED THE...
Forum: Jeep February 17th 09, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 19
Posted By Tomes
Rear stinger/tire carrier

I use teranews.com. I paid a one time fee of like four dollars for forever.
Tomes

"Kate" > wrote in message
> How the...
Forum: Technology February 10th 09, 03:20 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By Tomes
41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

Ray,
You might want to look at this link. Much good reading here that explains a
lot.
http://john1701a.com/prius/documents/Prius_User-Guide_iconic.pdf
All the best,
Tomes
Forum: Technology February 10th 09, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By Tomes
41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

"ray" ...
> Tomes wrote:
>> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" ...
>>> ray :

Forum: Technology February 8th 09, 04:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By Tomes
41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" ...
> ray :
>
>> > Only if you are sitting in traffic and not driving along normally
>> > recharging the batteries. It reclaims plenty enough when driving along
>> > to make the...
Forum: Honda February 8th 09, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 88
Posted By Tomes
Motortrend article: 100 MPG+ Chevy Volt, GM's "Moon Shot"

> wrote in message ...
> In rec.autos.makers.honda Nate Nagel > wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > If you were to...
Forum: Technology February 8th 09, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 114
Posted By Tomes
Motortrend article: 100 MPG+ Chevy Volt, GM's "Moon Shot"

> wrote in message ...
> In rec.autos.makers.honda Nate Nagel > wrote:
>> wrote:
>> > If you were to...
Forum: Technology February 6th 09, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By Tomes
41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

"ray"...
> If you're in a Prius with the electric motor only running, you'll find
> that the battery is just discharging faster and the gas motor has to kick
> in sooner.

Only if you are sitting...
Forum: Technology February 6th 09, 09:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 118
Posted By Tomes
41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

Forum: Technology February 4th 09, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech

"Bret" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:44:43 -0500, Tomes wrote:
>> "Sharx35" > wrote in message
Forum: Jeep July 17th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Posted By Tomes
i am new

Hi there. What do you plan to do with the Jeep? My last 2 Jeeps have
been manuals and I like it that way.
Tomes

> wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep July 9th 07, 05:22 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 33
Posted By Tomes
Recycle Brake Rotors?

"Jeff Strickland" ...
> Do brake rotors have scrap value?
>
> I am not positive, but I'm thinking I took some rotors to my metal
> recycler and he didn't want them. I know I took something down...
Forum: BMW July 9th 07, 05:22 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 26
Posted By Tomes
Recycle Brake Rotors?

"Jeff Strickland" ...
> Do brake rotors have scrap value?
>
> I am not positive, but I'm thinking I took some rotors to my metal
> recycler and he didn't want them. I know I took something down...
Forum: Jeep June 26th 07, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 23
Posted By Tomes
Engine Light

"Alan" > wrote in message
>I live in California and have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. Occasionally
>(perhaps once a year)...
Forum: Jeep June 26th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Tomes
Door Bushings?

>> Can anyone recommend an after-market supplier of door hinge bushings?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob
>
> 2001 Wrangler. Bushings, aka - "door pin sleeves", "inserts", "spacer
Forum: Jeep June 10th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 368
Posted By Tomes
A/C Systems

"Craig C." > wrote in message
> Mike Romain wrote:
>> Too bad too, he was a valuable member here at one time. It's a bitch...
Forum: Technology May 11th 07, 03:37 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 219
Posted By Tomes
10 to 25% better MPG, with 2 or 3 ounces of Acetone per 10 gals of gas

"Studemania" ...
> "Tomes" :
>> "EdV" :

>> >A silly question : Then why do they sell pure acetone in cheap plastic
Forum: Driving May 11th 07, 03:37 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 191
Posted By Tomes
10 to 25% better MPG, with 2 or 3 ounces of Acetone per 10 gals of gas

"Studemania" ...
> "Tomes" :
>> "EdV" :

>> >A silly question : Then why do they sell pure acetone in cheap plastic
Forum: Driving May 10th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 08 May 2007 23:00:07 -0400, Drunken Driver wrote:
>
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS...
Forum: Technology May 10th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 08 May 2007 23:00:07 -0400, Drunken Driver wrote:
>
>> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS...
Forum: Technology May 10th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving

"EdV" > wrote in message
>A silly question : Then why do they sell pure acetone in cheap plastic
> containers if...
Forum: Driving May 10th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.driving

"EdV" > wrote in message
>A silly question : Then why do they sell pure acetone in cheap plastic
> containers if...
Forum: Honda April 22nd 07, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.auto.mercedes,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 7
Posted By Tomes
Green vehicles of 2007

"Some O" ...
> "Go Mavs":
>
>> My Yaris has been getting hella good gas mileage... and it is non
>> hybrid...
>> I think I have actually been getting over the listed mpg....
> An interesting cost...
Forum: 4x4 April 7th 07, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 17
Posted By Tomes
1982 toyota custom cab

> wrote ...