Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 2.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Simpson
Forum: Simulators March 29th 09, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPL musings

On Mar 24, 11:57*pm, APLer > wrote:
> On the Karussel staying in the cement beyond 55mph
> seems quite impossible for me. Is this as it should be or am I missing
> something? This...
Forum: Simulators March 2nd 09, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPL Troubleshooting FAQ

Since RSC has been down, the FAQ is now available at The Sim Racing
Mirror Zone at http://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php?showtopic=3714 if
anyone has trouble running GPL.
Forum: Simulators February 16th 09, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Simpson
Where is next GPL Sunday pickup race?

> Zeltweg - seehttp://gplmz.bcsims.com/index.php?showforum=3

Oops, that was yesterdays race. I'm sure that the next race will be
announced there.
Forum: Simulators February 16th 09, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Feb 15, 2:03*pm, Kai Åberg > wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Since *RaceSimCentral is still down so I can't access the race calendar,
> does anyone remember where the next Sunday...
Forum: Simulators February 6th 09, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Simpson
Tracks from Indycar/Nascar series games for GPL

On Feb 4, 7:27*am, FooAtari
> wrote:
> As most of these games are pretty old now and the devs/publishers no longer
> exist in any meaningful way is it...
Forum: Simulators January 13th 09, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPL display issues with both OPenGL and Direct3D

On Jan 12, 8:49*pm, "JT" > wrote:

> You could try playing a game that was made in this millennium. *Of course,
> they aren't as good.

In time, you'll get around to seeing it or trying...
Forum: Simulators January 11th 09, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob Simpson
VOR season 18 starts Friday, January 30 - 69 mod

Our forum is at http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index.php?
showforum=34 where you can check in or else you can e-mail me at
lesandbob at sympatico dot ca

Virtual Online Racers (VOR) is starting its...
Forum: Simulators December 17th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 46
Posted By Bob Simpson
iRacing Watkins Glen and the Radical

On Dec 17, 12:11*pm, "Jonathan Mars" > wrote:

> Anyone who thinks the internet is a warm and fuzzy place and there are no
> dangers to divulging your real name online is a...
Forum: Simulators December 17th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Dec 16, 11:58*pm, Jonathan Mars > wrote:

> Yea, but there are people in the world who must keep their identity
> hidden for one reason or another. Ever think of that? Not...
Forum: Simulators December 9th 08, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPL Track limit?

On Dec 9, 6:49*am, hoover > wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 07:49:16 +0100, Ruud Dingemans wrote:
> > 400?) - if one excludes alpha's and beta's, I guess.
>
> > (Still a lot,...
Forum: Simulators November 9th 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Simpson
Black balls

On Nov 8, 9:29*pm, "Byron Forbes" > wrote:
> * * First it was the big double at the academy awards a few years back, and
> now, withing the space of a few days, it's f1 world...
Forum: Simulators October 29th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPL Questions

On Oct 27, 7:53*pm, Mr T > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been practising quite a lot in GPL and am at the stage where I'm
> about in the middle of the field of AI cars (I usually qualify...
Forum: Simulators October 27th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Simpson
RaceSimCentral forum down - any info on this?

Do any of the RSC people come here or does anyone here know of the
reason for the down time? There's been a "Service Unavailable"
message for about 4 days.
Forum: Simulators October 15th 08, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 43
Posted By Bob Simpson
iRacing - Hardware

On Oct 14, 2:38*am, Dirt > wrote:
> PS: *Any of you approaching 40 like me and wondering just what the
> hell you're still doing thinking about sim racing all the time?...
Forum: Simulators September 16th 08, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob Simpson
iRacing - Throttle-On Braking with the F-Mazda

On Sep 16, 11:34 am, wrote:

> Next thing I notice is that you can stop more quickly by essentially
> pushing both pedals to the floor than you can by balancing your brake
Forum: Simulators September 9th 08, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Simpson
Just how popular is Forza 2?

On Sep 9, 12:15*pm, "schooner" > wrote:
> I have it as well, never play it, boring. *GRID is much better, although
> more arcade style but much more fun. *NASCAR09 is also...
Forum: Simulators August 4th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPL audio problem

> HI Uwe..
> From what I can tell, the software for the Realtek chipset doesn't include
> any hardware acceleration features,

Try desktop Start button > Run > type in dxdiag...
Forum: Simulators May 11th 08, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPLRANK back into service

On May 11, 3:45*am, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> GPLRank's SQL problems seem to have been solved, all of the gplrank
> features should work again as expected....
Forum: Simulators May 2nd 08, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.indy,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.drugs.cannabis
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Simpson
French And CERN Build Massive Particle Accelerator (Black HoleGenerator) Unknown Planetary Risk To Create BIG BANG

On May 1, 8:53*pm, "AC" > wrote:
> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message
>

> This experiment will aparently create small worm holes. The aliens are
> waiting for...
Forum: Simulators April 30th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.sport.indy,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.drugs.cannabis
Replies: 25

On Apr 30, 4:37 pm, "Doomsday Machine" > wrote:

> I want to learn more, where can I go?

Go to Hell. You're an alarmist getting your rocks off (if you have
any) scaring...
Forum: Simulators April 29th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Simpson
FreeTrack

On Apr 28, 8:41*am, wrote:
> On Apr 26, 5:10*am, Tony R >
> wrote:
>
> Yea, you are surely right. *There is no way that head tracking with...
Forum: Simulators February 29th 08, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 118
Posted By Bob Simpson
IRacing Pricing

On Feb 29, 2:10*am, Backspace > wrote:
> alexti wrote:
> How can one drive it like *areal car when there is no feeling as to how
> fast you are going? That's the big issue with most...
Forum: Simulators February 21st 08, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob Simpson
Porsche 997 Carrera S Roadster - 05

On Feb 21, 7:21*am, wrote:
> Porsche 997 Carrera S - 05
> blackmet., leather, 19" Carrera classic alloys, cruise, nav, clima,
> sunroof, parking assist, fullpower options,...
Forum: Simulators February 17th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPL & RBR crash on exit (BSOD) SOLVED

On Feb 17, 5:40*am, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:
> Hi folks,

> Now if only I could get GPL to recognize the wheel / shifter buttons on
> the G25 *without* having to unplug my...
Forum: Simulators January 8th 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Simpson
GPL and multiple controllers

On Jan 8, 4:29*am, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:

> Thanks, I'll check the FAQ. Is there a way to get GPL to run at
> 1680x1050? This resolution is not listed in the renderer mode...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60