Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: James1549
Forum: Saturn July 6th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 0
Posted By James1549
Saturn items for sale

This past spring I sold my '92 SL2 owning since brand new. A few days
ago I cleaned out the garage and came across these.

Two Fram Air Filters CA7094. Retail $16,99 each, I will take $15 for
the...
Forum: Saturn May 15th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By James1549
Time to say good bye.....

Well after 16 years of owning my '92 SL2, it is time to move on. I
just bought a new Crossfire as I am approaching mid-life :) The car
held up very well considering what others have to say. It has...
Forum: Saturn November 13th 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By James1549
what's wrong with saturn ? severe mechanical problems after oil change

I understand your frustration...

But dealership mechanics float around more than ducks on a pond. If
your Saturn dealer closes, those guys will end up working where you
bought your new car... ANY...
Forum: Saturn October 10th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By James1549
Overheating SL2 Problem

First, is the coolant fan running when it shows the engine is hot?
Does the coolant fan work if you turn on the A/C? Possible stuck or
partial stuck thermostat? Worse case sinerio, bad head or head...
Forum: Saturn August 22nd 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By James1549
Need P0332 Code Interpretation

You have an OBD1 car, but your code is an OBD2. Something is not
correct.

James
Forum: Saturn July 31st 07, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By James1549
'96 SL Cooling Fan Not Working

I believe the gauge of a '96 gets the signal from the PCM, not a
seperate sensor. If that is correct, then the PCM should be getting
the correct information from the coolant sensor. Does the fan run...
Forum: Saturn July 16th 07, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 10
Posted By James1549
SL1 1998 Overheating after visit to dealer. (97000 miles)

My Saturn fan turns on at 213°, most cars I have dealt with do the
same.

You should be able to run your car with the cap off if everything was
proper. I would say you have a head or head gasket...
Forum: Saturn July 13th 07, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By James1549
help ignition switch problem !

Larry, If you go the salvage route, you could be in the same boat in a
week, a month, or next year. I would go new if you have the ability to
install new parts. I searched my receipts and can not...
Forum: Saturn July 12th 07, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By James1549
help ignition switch problem !

You have a common problem that occurs with most early S Series. My '92
did the same thing - I had to have mine towed home. The next day I
replaced the lock cylinder and a part of the housing in the...
Forum: Saturn June 24th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By James1549
Coolant Flush

Another thing I remember, my dad had an early 60's small Buick Skylark
for about 10 years. The V8 that was in that car had aluminum heads, I
don't recall any special coolant we used for it. I don't...
Forum: Saturn June 24th 07, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By James1549
Coolant Flush

The NEW 'good old green stuff' will work fine with aluminum, read the
jug...

James
Forum: Saturn June 23rd 07, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By James1549
Coolant Flush

Personally I would never keep coolant in my car for 6 years.
Especially Dexcool! Regardless of mileage and what ever litmus test
you want to use, get that junk out of there, flush the system...
Forum: Saturn June 19th 07, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By James1549
94 SL2 Saturn Overheating problems.

If your fan is coming on at 213° or according to the pic, then you
should be ok. Yes the Saturn temperature gauge is different than most
other cars. The reason being that the temperature gauge range...
Forum: Saturn June 17th 07, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By James1549
Saturn Battery Light... unfortunately not as simple

A good battery, once properly charged should hold 12.6 volts, not 12.
If the alternator is charging properly, mine is closer to 14 volts,
not 13.5. 13.5 volts will work, but not optimum.

I am...
Forum: Saturn June 17th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By James1549
94 SL2 Saturn Overheating problems.

It sounds like maybe your car is running properly. The temperature has
to go up before the fan will come on. The question is how hot is it
getting before the fan turns on. My fan turns on at 213°...
Forum: Saturn June 14th 07, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 11
Posted By James1549
SC2 CD-Changer questions

I bought that same exact VR unit about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was a
great idea when I first saw it.

I used it for about an hour total in all 3 of my cars. PIECE OF CRAP
to say the least.
I tried...
Forum: Saturn June 8th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By James1549
Timing Chain ('99 SL 102 K mi)

I wouldn't be concerned about the chain until it gets noisey. You will
know it when it begins to make noise.

It will make noise for a long time before it causes any damage. Once
it makes noise, I...
Forum: Saturn June 6th 07, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By James1549
saturn sl/93 start up noise

You should use a thermostat in any climate. I doubt it is 180° where
you live.

James

On Jun 5, 9:26 am, "icsteel" > wrote:
> James
> thanks for replying ,I'll try removing...
Forum: Saturn June 2nd 07, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By James1549
saturn sl/93 start up noise

Not sure with the vibration part, but did you check the belt tensioner
and idler/bearings?

Remove the belt entirely and start engine to see if noise goes away.
You can run the cold engine a minute...
Forum: Saturn May 25th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By James1549
Early SL2 engine temp verses gauge readings

Ok finally after owning my 1992 SL2 for 15 years, I bought a scan tool
that also allows 'live data' to be viewed. I often wondered what the
actual engine temperature readings were on my gauge. And at...
Forum: Saturn May 23rd 07, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By James1549
Hitch for my SC2

I can't really tell how that hitch actually bolts up, but I prefer
something more than just something attached to the bumper or bumper
brackets. The DrawTite does not depend on the bumper at all....
Forum: Saturn May 23rd 07, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By James1549
Hitch for my SC2

On May 22, 2:58 pm, "HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)"
> wrote:
> I was wondering since I saw that Lane had one for his car, how much a hitch
> would cost (and to install...
Forum: Saturn May 18th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By James1549
Saturn power steering

Is it only when your moving? If so, maybe a CV joint...

On May 17, 6:22 pm, "jeribill" > wrote:
> My Saturn L33 makes like a clicking noise when I turn the wheel. I can feel
Forum: Saturn May 11th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By James1549
Scary! $10 Rotors on Amazon

I did a search for front brake rotors for my 92 SL2.

I did find one AIMCO 1015581 for 16.99.

Then I saw a 'COMING SOON' $10.78 each AR8238. Probably will never
arrive but you never know.

James
Forum: Saturn May 8th 07, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By James1549
Knock Sensor Installed but now more trouble

If you insist on a Code Reader for your Saturn, I would suggest...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65