Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 2.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nospam
Forum: Ford Mustang September 2nd 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By nospam
offers

I bought an '86 S-10 for $300. It's ugly, but it hasn't had a single problem
in 4 years of daily driving.
I've hauled loads as heavy as 1960 lbs in it!!!

Dave

"Big Al" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 1st 07, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
Carburetor linkage

After cleaning, I always coat the mating parts with a light coat of 3in1
oil, then wipe off the excess.
I've done that for nearly 30 years with no adverse effects.

Dave
'72 mach 1

"goodnigh"...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 15th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By nospam
mustang AM/8 track radio

I went through this issue on a 72 mach1 last year. It also has an AM/8Track.
I'm not certain about the color codes for 1966, but the mach1's radio has a
big fat black wire for the positive lead of...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 14th 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By nospam
Noise only when Moving.. and pressing gas

You might have a bad batch of gasoline. That same thing happened to my Dad
once when I was a kid and we were on a trip.
> wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 14th 07, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By nospam
Locking gas cap

I was going to buy one and the guys at Napa told me that it's better to lose
some gas than to have someone punch a hole in your gas tank, They said 3
customers had that happen in the last 2...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 8th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 26
Posted By nospam
Battery Drain Test

If all everything is turned off, you can start pulling fuses one by one
until the current draw ceases.
I've seen a faulty brake light switch cause problems before.
Make sure your doors are shut and...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 8th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 26
Posted By nospam
Resistance Across Positive & Negative Cables

If your heater blower motor switch is turned on, (or anything that is a
load) it will show conductivity across the leads.
Make certain every switch is turned off.
If your car has a computer, you...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 6th 07, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By nospam
Bondo over POR15?

Good idea, I had planned to if no one here had ever done it before.
Thanks,
Dave

"Spike" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Jun...
Forum: Ford Mustang June 6th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By nospam
Bondo over POR15?

Does anyone know if it's OK to apply Bondo® over POR 15®?
I'm doing some minor repairs under the front fenders on the "inner fenders"
(apron), that mostly won't show.
Thanks,

Dave

'72 mach 1
Forum: Ford Mustang May 27th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By nospam
R134A With Leak Sealer

Hi Group,

My wife's car has a slow A/C leak. We've had it at the dealer 3 times over
the past 5 years and they keep telling us that it's fixed, yet every spring
I have to recharge the system.

She...
Forum: Ford Mustang May 26th 07, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By nospam
Help-blown head gasket? 67 FE Mustang

I've used the following method to check for a blown head gasket....
Remove the radiator cap, and place a pressure gauge on the opening (the
pressure gauge I use has a manual pump to pressurize the...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 27th 07, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 25
Posted By nospam
Lets talk about radar/laser detectors

My dad always uses a radar/laser detector and ALWAYS gets tickets!
I won't waste money on one. They still use the ol' "bear in the air/eye in
the sky" trick.
If I'm on a long trip and I need to make...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 27th 07, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By nospam
OO Mustang Modification

I was looking around in here and noticed that you can get ram-air for your
pony for $140 he
http://www.marchperformance.com/pg32.html#46ramair

> wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 26th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 8
Posted By nospam
Shop changes Motor Mounts and breaks heater hose. wants me to pay?

I get ripped off all the time by the dealer and there's nothing I can do
about it.
amanda

> wrote in message
Forum: Ford Mustang April 26th 07, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By nospam
1968->1971 Mustang Mach II?

The mach II was a prototype in 1967.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/reader_rides/1267776.html?page=9

The mach III was a prototype in...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 23rd 07, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 10
Posted By nospam
-OT- 1965 Mustang won't start

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does UO mean?

"vince garcia" > wrote in message
> WindsorFox wrote:
>>
>> vince garcia wrote:
Forum: Ford Mustang April 23rd 07, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
MACH I or Grande

I used to own a 71 coupe/notchback (same as the Grande) back in 1980. I now
own a 72 mach1.
The only difference that I can tell is (besides the sportroof/fastback roof)
is that the trunk lid and...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 23rd 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By nospam
71-73 351C Question

Thanks! That makes perfect sense to me now.
It does match up to the water pump bolt pattern, no problem.
You're right, the "X" fan is definitely not at a right angle!

Regards,
Dave

"Ashton...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 22nd 07, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
Lost keys for '70 Convertible... let me rephrase.

No, I've never tried it.
I've never needed to.
The video makes it look so easy, I'd try that if I lost my keys, just to get
the ignition switch out.

"WindsorFox" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 22nd 07, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By nospam
newbie trying to help a neighbor

It's worth the small investment to get a freon refill kit with a gauge just
to check the pressure.
I'd bet that his pressure is just low.

Forum: Ford Mustang April 22nd 07, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"WindsorFox" > wrote in message
> nospam wrote:
>> Save paying a locksmith.
>> Go to this sight and watch the video on "how to key...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 22nd 07, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By nospam
71-73 351C Question

I'm putting the final touches on a 351C this weekend and plan to drop it in
the ol' mach some evening this week.

It originally had the "X" style 4 blade fan (on the water pump).
I found a 5 blade...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 19th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
Lost keys for '70 Convertible... let me rephrase.

Save paying a locksmith.
Go to this sight and watch the video on "how to key bump", you'll have a key
in no time...
http://www.tlarson.com/blog/

"lxixboss" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 2nd 07, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
Engine Idle

Hi Group,

I have a smokin' 1984 Nissan Sentra that will blow the doors off any mustang
in existence, it's pushin' about 750 hp before the nitrous.

The idle is a little rough, could it be my...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 1st 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By nospam
carburetor boiling over

I never knew top posting was frowned upon...

"elaich" > wrote in message ...
> "Brummm" > wrote in news:1172591355.439041.191350@
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65