Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JK Coney
Forum: Cichlids April 20th 10, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 0
Posted By JK Coney
Turkey?

Hey I took a chance and threw in a small piece of turkey to my pack. It
took awhile, but after a few half hearted pecks they really started to go
after it! Who knew?

--
JK...
Forum: Cichlids April 3rd 10, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids

"Wm Hopkins" whopkins65 at mchsi.com wrote in message
I left awhile back due to the spam attack. Been checkin for about a week.
Wasn't a...
Forum: Cichlids April 2nd 10, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 7
Posted By JK Coney
Hello?

"Wm Hopkins" whopkins65 at mchsi.com wrote in message
Any cichlid folk still around this NG?

I'm here, but may be the only adult,...
Forum: Cichlids February 8th 10, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 2
Posted By JK Coney
Keeping Fry Alive

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:49:09 -0500, "JK Coney"
Forum: Cichlids February 7th 10, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 2
Posted By JK Coney
Keeping Fry Alive

Exactly what do the adults do to keep the free swimming fry alive that I
can't? I wait until they are swimming a couple of days. I've tried a couple
times to remove some to a hanging breeder, and...
Forum: Cichlids January 8th 10, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 6
Posted By JK Coney
Dempsey Babies

Exactly what do the adults do to keep the free swimming fry alive that I
can't? I've tried a couple times to remove some to a hanging breeder, and
they all die within hours. Water is the same, and...
Forum: Cichlids January 4th 10, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 6
Posted By JK Coney
Dempsey Babies

" (((" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:54:51 -0000, JK Coney
I never had Cichlids behave like these Dempseys. He just...
Forum: Cichlids December 30th 09, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 6
Posted By JK Coney
Dempsey Babies

" (((" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 05:06:49 -0000, JK Coney wrote:

"JK Coney" ...
Forum: Cichlids December 29th 09, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 6
Posted By JK Coney
Dempsey Babies

"JK Coney" wrote in message
So I added fish to be a "dither" for my Green Terrors beating on each
other. A few black...
Forum: Cichlids December 25th 09, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 6
Posted By JK Coney
Dempsey Babies

So I added fish to be a "dither" for my Green Terrors beating on each
other. A few black tetras, 2 giant danios, another Terror, and finally a
pair of small Jack Dempseys. Well to my surprise the...
Forum: Cichlids December 5th 09, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 9
Posted By JK Coney
Green Terrors again

"JK Coney" wrote in message

You need to add some "dither fish" to the tank.
The Cichlids will then soon overcome...
Forum: Cichlids November 28th 09, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 9
Posted By JK Coney
Green Terrors again

You need to add some "dither fish" to the tank.
The Cichlids will then soon overcome their nervousness and skittish
behavior.

Noun1.dither - an excited state of agitation; "he was...
Forum: Cichlids November 27th 09, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 3
Posted By JK Coney
plant-friendly cichlids?

"Michael Grossman" wrote in message
Are there any cichlids, other than the most obvious rams, angelfish, and
keyholes...
Forum: Cichlids November 25th 09, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 9
Posted By JK Coney
Green Terrors again

" (((" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:28:36 -0000, JK Coney wrote:

A quick google scan finds:
Forum: Cichlids November 25th 09, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 9
Posted By JK Coney
Green Terrors again

" (((" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:31:53 -0000, JK Coney wrote:

Interesting fish. First of all even...
Forum: Cichlids November 24th 09, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 9
Posted By JK Coney
Green Terrors again

Interesting fish. First of all even after all this time, they are just so
damned skittish. Even when eating they dart up and then, back down again
like lightning. The bigger one dominates and...
Forum: Cichlids November 14th 09, 07:29 AM Posted to alt.aquaria.tropical.fish.hobbist,rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 6
Posted By JK Coney
Amazon Sword Plants holes

"JK Coney" wrote in message
Who's more likely to be eating my plants? Pleco's or mystery snails? Both
introduced at the...
Forum: Cichlids November 12th 09, 01:54 AM Posted to alt.aquaria.tropical.fish.hobbist,rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 6
Posted By JK Coney
Amazon Sword Plants holes

Who's more likely to be eating my plants? Pleco's or mystery snails? Both
introduced at the same time, and I don't catch either one in the act. Holes
up and down leaves.

--
JK...
Forum: Cichlids November 6th 09, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids

" (((" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 01:12:24 -0000, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

I agree with...
Forum: Cichlids November 6th 09, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 5
Posted By JK Coney
Green Terrors

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:43:50 -0500, "JK Coney"
Forum: Cichlids November 5th 09, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.cichlids
Replies: 5
Posted By JK Coney
Green Terrors

" (((" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 01:24:52 -0000, JK Coney wrote:

Showing results 1 to 21 of 21