Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MaceFace
Forum: Technology June 26th 08, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By MaceFace
Fuelmeister.

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Paul <Houston, Texas, USA> wrote:
> >
> >Cooking oil is bad for you.
>
> That's not what the National Trans-Fat Council says. They say that deep-fried
> foods made with...
Forum: Technology February 3rd 08, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By MaceFace
Electrical systems quiz

http://napa.ega.com/controller/ega/napa/esg/quiz/participant

How did you do? Better than me, I hope, especially if you work on
other people's cars. :)
Forum: Technology October 22nd 06, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By MaceFace
Anti-freeze, glycol vs. DexCool

clifto wrote:

> Our '94 Acclaim 3.0L came to us last year with DexCool in it (pink). The
> factory shop manual says to use glycol, then adds all sorts of stipulations
> to that, such as:
>
> "50/50...
Forum: Technology October 22nd 06, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By MaceFace
Disastrous service!

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Well... my experience with dealerships is that they are arrogant, don't
> want to work on anything more than a few years old, and are sometimes
> spectactularly incompetent. I...
Forum: Technology October 22nd 06, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By MaceFace
Disastrous service!

VetNutJim wrote:

> 'Generally' the worst place to take your car for service is the
> dealer.

> They aren't really in the car repair business...they are in the car
> selling business.

That was true...
Forum: Technology August 10th 06, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By MaceFace
Engine oil and transmission fluid mix-ups - how common?

* wrote:
> MaceFace > wrote in article

> > One legitimate garage forgot to put oil in my friend's engine and ran
Forum: Technology August 8th 06, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By MaceFace
Engine oil and transmission fluid mix-ups - how common?

How often do garages and quick lube places wrongly put transmission
fluid into the engine or drain the transmission* when they're supposed
to drain the engine?

*pan has drain plug
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7