Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.87 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Regal53[_1_]
Forum: VW water cooled September 10th 06, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
What Age for VW dealer tech to retire???

You are absolutely right. I''m 53 now and quit last year. Warranty repair
times are starvation wages. Very little customer pay labor at the dealer
shop nowadays. What's left? Look at GM, Ford, VW,...
Forum: VW water cooled August 31st 06, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 34
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
Why 5 cylinders?

The number of cylinders of an engine do not necessarily equate miles per
gallon; Audi motto in the 1980's was "four are too few, six are too many" to
market the type 43 audi 5000. So my 1987 5000...
Forum: VW water cooled August 15th 06, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
How to take out bent valves

OK this is how I do it: Bang the valve heads fairly straight with a hammer
so they get pulled back onto their seats. Take a brass hammer and a 1/2 inch
deep socket, place socket on center of...
Forum: Audi July 26th 06, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 7
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
1989 Audi brake problem

Right on!
"Tony" > wrote in message
> Just a thought on the dealer vs independent mechanic choice.
>
> The dealers have...
Forum: Audi July 25th 06, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
Problem? My Allroad Stalled

immobilizer on way out.
"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On 24 Jul 2006 21:25:56 -0700, ...
Forum: Audi July 19th 06, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 10
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
AC compressor oil

In as much as PAG46 is designed to operate with R134A it should be a safe
choice.
"Martin Krumpholz" > wrote in message...
Forum: Audi July 17th 06, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
About an A/C leak that is hard to find. (Jeez, the evaporator core?)

Highly unlikely. Try a diffrent technician/shop.
"Thomas G. Marshall" >
wrote in message news:dvwug.9135$T87.2899@trndny05...
> Regal53 said...
Forum: Audi July 15th 06, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 10
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
AC compressor oil

I can't find an ALF engine spec for USA; I have used PAG 100 oil and new
receiver drier in R134A installations with complete success. I live in south
Florida where it gets very hot in summer an it...
Forum: Audi July 15th 06, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 10
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
AC compressor oil

I was an Audi and Porsche factory trained certified tech since 1981 to my
retirement last year, what about you Tony? Do you have the answer?
"Tony" > wrote in message...
Forum: Audi July 15th 06, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 4
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
About an A/C leak that is hard to find. (Jeez, the evaporator core?)

I have put green neon dye in cars with leaky evaporators: You will see the
green stuff mixed in with the drain water while running the A/C at max. I
have replaced evaporators that had leaky...
Forum: Audi July 15th 06, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 2
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
Auto gearbox problem? - Audi 100 Type 44 1984

That auto trans has a 2nd gear brake band that should be adjusted to
compensate for high mileage wear. I used to remove and clean the ATF
strainer, put in a new paper gasket and pan rubber gasket,...
Forum: Audi July 8th 06, 05:23 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 10
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
AC compressor oil

What year and model audi?
"Martin Krumpholz" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Audi says: for Denso AC compressor use...
Forum: VW water cooled July 6th 06, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Regal53[_1_]
intermittent A/C on '00 Jetta

Evaporator feeze-up. turn switch to vent until it starts to get warm, then
engage A/c again.
"Drew V" > wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13