Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: js
Forum: VW air cooled August 26th 06, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By js
Side air vent rust repair

do they have anything to do with the defroster vents?
Forum: VW air cooled August 25th 06, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By js
Side air vent rust repair

I am going to keep it original if possible, I am, as you say, a purist.
;-)
Thanks for the advice!
Forum: VW air cooled August 24th 06, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By js
Side air vent rust repair

Sure Remco. I have already formed the drivers side piecs out of
sheetmetal, using a hammer and dolly and some pliers. Made a paper
model to go by, 3 pieces, then taped together. I will post some pics...
Forum: VW air cooled August 23rd 06, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By js
Side air vent rust repair

Yeah, I thought about a junker, but finding one around here is not
easy. I really hate to cut up a Bug, unless it is a new one ;-)

I did think of simply cutting the piece out and making it smooth...
Forum: VW air cooled August 23rd 06, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By js
Side air vent rust repair

On my 74 Std Beetle there are two vents behind the rear quarter
windows. I know about the foam and how that caused them to rust out :-(
What I don't know is if anyone sells a repair patch for those...
Forum: VW air cooled August 21st 06, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By js
OT Hicks vs Yuppies

Definitely not southern hicks, they had most of their teeth, no dogs,
clean clothes, and you could understand most of what they said. In the
south, they would have just ran the guy off the road,...
Forum: VW air cooled August 17th 06, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By js
cylinder leaking oil at head

That sounds like a good idea. No oil where it joins the case, just at
the head. Can't see the top though (tin), but I am going to pull the
engine once I get my Fiero running and check it then. I...
Forum: VW air cooled August 15th 06, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By js
JS...are you anonymous

Hey, no problem. It is an 84 Sport Coupe, all original, in near mint
condition. Not an 88 I am afraid, those are pretty nice, especially the
GT. I had an 86 Coupe for years, finally sold it. It was...
Forum: VW air cooled August 14th 06, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By js
JS...are you anonymous

Sorry, I was trying to wrangle up some rats for my boa constrictor, and
fixing my Fiero, so I haven't been around for a while.
That is my real email address

j wrote:
> "Joey Tribiani"...
Forum: VW air cooled August 14th 06, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By js
cylinder leaking oil at head

Ok, finally had the chance to check the compression.
#1 137psi
#2 138psi
#3 140psi
#4 140psi

Still a little bit of oil leaking down from around the barrels on #1
and #4.
Retourqed the lower head...
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 06, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By js
floorpans and engine justveedub?

I emailed them once and actually never got a reply. I would just
rebuild it, lots of fun ;-)
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 06, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By js
cylinder leaking oil at head

Hey, thanks for the replies. I actually did use some high tack
underneath the washers (I think), but I will check again when I pull
the engine to retorque the heads. The leaks appears to have...
Forum: VW air cooled July 26th 06, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By js
cylinder leaking oil at head

I agree. I was just thinking it may be oil passing the rings if they
have not seated fully. The rings, pistons, heads, and cylinders are
new. 18ft lbs for mine, 8mm studs with case savers, at least...
Forum: VW air cooled July 26th 06, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By js
FS-75 Standard Beetle with AutoStick

How is the interior? $400, great price, I live in GA though... Darn it.

fibercoug wrote:
> Hey everyone. Thought I would offer this car to the group before
> advertising locally. Bought this 75...
Forum: VW air cooled July 26th 06, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By js
79 bug Key won't turn

Sam wrote:
> Trying to restore a 79 bug. When i put the key in, it won't turn. I thought
> maybe there's a problem with the steering wheel lock but can't get it to
> turn.
>
> any ideas?

You sure it...
Forum: VW air cooled July 26th 06, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By js
cylinder leaking oil at head

Just finished rebuilding the 1974 1600DP, and put it back in. Breaking
it in, runs great, save a cracked fuel pump insulator and a couple of
other small problems I had to fix.
Noticed that my oil...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16