Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 1.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sharon
Forum: Driving January 15th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 46
Posted By Sharon
** Slow Drivers Get TICKETS ! <= Keep Right EXCEPT to Pass! **

In article >, gpsman > writes:
> On Jan 13, 1:09 pm, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>> the OP...
Forum: Driving January 9th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 21
Posted By Sharon
Continuously Variable Trannys

In article >, Harry K > writes:
> On Jan 8, 11:36=A0am, N8N > wrote:
>> How do you like...
Forum: Driving January 9th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, "Dave" > writes:
> Actually, to be correct, you'd have to say that the CVT constantly shifts
> (it is...
Forum: Driving January 9th 08, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, N8N > writes:

> you're a brave woman... a hybrid *and* a CVT? I'd love to have that
> to play...
Forum: Driving January 8th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, N8N > writes:

> this might help...
>
> http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt.htm
>
> How do you...
Forum: Driving January 8th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 21
Posted By Sharon
Continuously Variable Trannys

Hi guys,
I recently bought a new car and was surprised to learn that it had
something called continuously variable transmission instead of being automatic.
I googled it to learn what it was. I'm...
Forum: Driving June 14th 07, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 28
Posted By Sharon
What part of "Do Not Block Intersection" don't you understand?

In article >, writes:
> On Jun 11, 9:24 pm, The Real Bev > wrote:
>
>> And then back up forcefully...
Forum: Driving April 10th 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By Sharon
shortest yellow interval ever?

In article >, (Sharon) writes:
> In article >, Nate Nagel > writes:
>> At the...
Forum: Driving April 9th 07, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By Sharon
shortest yellow interval ever?

In article >, Nate Nagel > writes:
> At the intersection of US-50 and whatever the side road is just east of
> VA-28 in Chantilly, VA eastbound,...
Forum: Driving March 16th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 56
Posted By Sharon
Regarding Red Light Cameras - Why don't drivers just stop?.

In article >, writes:
> On Mar 9, 12:23 pm, "Sir Ray" > wrote:
> Parkway > and Zenith has a 2.9...
Forum: Driving February 1st 07, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Sharon
Tolls

In article >, "Allen Seth Dunn" > writes:

> I think you will find that a great many of the people in the "no more
> taxes"...
Forum: Driving January 31st 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By Sharon
Tolls

In article >, (Matthew T. Russotto) writes:
> In article >,
> Scott en Aztlán ...
Forum: Driving January 15th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Sharon
get out of my way

In article >, Ashton Crusher > writes:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 20:59:32 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:
Forum: Driving October 28th 06, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By Sharon
an insight on JLEDI

In article >, Scott en Aztlán > writes:

> Competent drivers do not need to be let in by a JLEDI. They are
> perfectly capable of...
Forum: Driving October 28th 06, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By Sharon
an insight on JLEDI

In article >, "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > writes:
> But, the problem arises when a person "enables" (i.e., just lets a driver
Forum: Driving October 27th 06, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By Sharon
an insight on JLEDI

I live in the Northern Virginia area, where even a 20-minute commute
can make you feel like a homicidal maniac. Traffic here is *horrible*. As
such, normally I agree with the anti-JLEDI posters...
Forum: Driving September 29th 06, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.lawyers,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 128
Posted By Sharon
The case for speed cameras destroyed in a flash

In article >, "Morse" > writes:

> > wrote in message
>
>>"Andrew...
Forum: Driving September 27th 06, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 9
Posted By Sharon
Toddler buys pink convertible on eBay (ZDNet)

In article >, "richard" > writes:

> "Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
>> Heh...
Forum: Driving September 26th 06, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 34
Posted By Sharon
You first signal, then brake, right?

In article >, (Brent P) writes:
> In article >, 223rem wrote:
Forum: Driving September 18th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By Sharon
power and these new-fangled cars

In article >, Bill Funk > writes:

> The car warns you it's having problems.
> You figure, "What the heck!" and keep going.
> Then you...
Forum: Driving September 18th 06, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, necromancer > writes:

>> Now, it's raining like crazy and traffic is snarled and a huge mess. I debate
Forum: Driving September 17th 06, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 9
Posted By Sharon
power and these new-fangled cars

Last week I had a short business trip to Delaware (from Dulles, in Virginia)
and the rental car place gave me a Chevy HHR. Butt ugly machine, but what the
heck, it's a rental. The night before...
Forum: Driving September 7th 06, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By Sharon
Amazing Invisible Cones!

I saw the most bizarre thing on the way to work this morning. I was
driving on city streets, in Reston, Virginia. As I came to a red light I
stopped with several cars in front of me, but still...
Forum: Driving July 25th 06, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By Sharon
Yielding and timing turns

In article >, "gpsman" > writes:
> Sharon wrote:
>
>> Most of the time when this happens, I'm waiting for a lone...
Forum: Driving July 21st 06, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By Sharon
Yielding and timing turns

In article >, "Ad absurdum per aspera" > writes:
> I would add that if the person at the front of the gap is slowing or
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26