Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 1.78 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mc
Forum: Technology October 28th 07, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By mc
A/C compressor runs when it should not

"mc" > wrote in message
> 1995 Dodge Caravan. A/C compressor runs when it should not -- not all the
> time, but...
Forum: Technology October 27th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By mc
A/C compressor runs when it should not

1995 Dodge Caravan. A/C compressor runs when it should not -- not all the
time, but if it gets switched on it often will not cut off. I'm thinking of
replacing the compressor clutch relay (as a...
Forum: Technology October 1st 06, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By mc
1998 Volvo S70 ABS brake light

The ABS light is often (not always) on, especially before the car warms up.
The mechanic says the brake system is mechanically fine (not worn, low on
fluid, or anything).

I see people who offer a...
Forum: Technology October 1st 06, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By mc
1998 Volvo S70 outside temp sensor

1998 Volvo S70. Outside temperature reading is about 20 to 30 degrees too
high (Fahrenheit) with a similar error when switched to Celsius (i.e., the C
and F temperatures work out to be...
Forum: Technology August 5th 06, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By mc
fuel tank leak - epoxy question

"sdlomi2" > wrote in message

> Hey onesandzeroes, Al surely knows what he is talking about here. I've
> converted GM diesel cars to gas...
Forum: Technology August 1st 06, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By mc
IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK?

> ......all that oil simply allowed to be soaked into the ground, possibly
> into an aquifer, etc., etc.
>
> No expense is too great to stop ground pollution.........

False. That's the whole...
Forum: Technology August 1st 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By mc
Look that happen in Cuba!!!!!

Is that what you get when you run one of Castro's speeches through an
automatic translation program? The original Spanish would have been easier
to read than the...
Forum: Technology July 30th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By mc
(Solution) Another power window problem

"mc" > wrote in message
> 1996 Olds Ciera. Driver's side front power window has been used several
> times a day...
Forum: Technology July 30th 06, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.nissan,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By mc
Water dripping after using the A/C is normal?

All air conditioners drip water. It is water that condenses out of the air
when it is cooled. Conceivably, if you live in a desert there might not be
a noticeable amount of this. The a/c for...
Forum: Technology July 30th 06, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By mc
In 3 days - 2 cracked windshields

"Brian S. Paskin" > wrote in message
> Hi, On Wednesday of last week my windshield was fine. I drove the car
> to...
Forum: Chrysler July 29th 06, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By mc
1990 Chrysler A/C Blower

"D. Smith" > wrote in message
>I think you just might be onto something. The connector did look a little
> suspect to me when I replaced...
Forum: Technology July 29th 06, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By mc
1990 Chrysler A/C Blower

"D. Smith" > wrote in message
>I think you just might be onto something. The connector did look a little
> suspect to me when I replaced...
Forum: Technology July 28th 06, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By mc
Dielectric grease

>> Don't forget to use it every time you change any connector under the hood
>> or in the body, and always use it when you change light bulbs. It will
>> dramatically reduce connector corrosion...
Forum: Technology July 27th 06, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By mc
2000 Astro Power Window problem

> I believe there is a circuit breaker in the power window motor circuit,
> but I am not sure where it is located on your vehicle. When an electric
> motor gets in a bind and can not turn as fast...
Forum: Technology July 27th 06, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By mc
Another power window problem

See below...

"TomO" > wrote in message
> mc wrote:
>> 1996 Olds Ciera. Driver's side front power window has been used...
Forum: Technology July 27th 06, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By mc
Another power window problem

1996 Olds Ciera. Driver's side front power window has been used several
times a day for over 8 years. It has "auto," meaning that it finishes
rolling all the way down after you let go of the...
Forum: Technology July 23rd 06, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By mc
Noisy window, 1996 Ford Taurus

> The factory replacement for this is now an improved one-piece design
> which incorporates the window exterior trim, channel and felt in one
> piece. I don't think I had to remove the glass, just...
Forum: Technology July 21st 06, 03:17 PM Posted to sci.chem,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By mc
oil on pavement?

Gasoline mixes with asphalt but will eventually dry out again.
Forum: Technology July 21st 06, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Pop" > wrote in message

> "mc" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology July 21st 06, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By mc
Question for dealership auto techs

> As for the OP. I don't think the shop should charge him for the damage,
> even though I do not know all the circumstances, but it sure sounds like
> the shop should absorb that one and take a...
Forum: Technology July 21st 06, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By mc
Noisy window, 1996 Ford Taurus

For some reason this didn't seem to go out the first time. If you received
it twice, please accept my apologies.

> The front passenger-side window always sounds as if it's not quite closed;
Forum: Technology July 21st 06, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By mc
Noisy window, 1996 Ford Taurus

The front passenger-side window always sounds as if it's not quite closed;
it's actually a little quieter if I back off 1/8 inch from maximum closed
position.

What should I look for? Not having...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22