Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jack Carter
Forum: Jeep December 25th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Jack Carter
07-08 Wrangler rear axle noise

Hi Greg:
I had a '98 Grand with the 5.9 engine and limited slips that did the same
thing my new Wrangler's doing. But it didn't have any of the other symptoms
your '06 has. My '98 was one helluva...
Forum: Jeep December 25th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Jack Carter
07-08 Wrangler rear axle noise

I wasn't even aware that they had traction control lights. Guess I'd better
get out the owner's manual. Next time it happens, I'll be on the lookout to
see if it lights up. (Mine's also a 6-speed,...
Forum: Jeep December 24th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 3
Posted By Jack Carter
07-08 Wrangler rear axle noise

Mine's an '08 so it has the Dana 44 diff and I'm thinking that's where the
noise is coming from (it's not limited slip). When I'm stopped at a stop
light with the front wheels turned slightly to...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 07, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Jack Carter
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

THANX for the reply and the link to the allpar site.

"reboot" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:40:01 -0500, "Jack...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 07, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Jack Carter
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

Not mine. It climbs my steep driveway at "idol" speed.

"Coasty" > wrote in message
> Well, one thing you can release...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 07, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Jack Carter
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

My '08 X weighs 310 pounds more than the '03 Sport I traded in.

"Raptor" > wrote in message

> "nrs" > wrote...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Jack Carter
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

I'm not the least bit "worried" about it - just curious. I've owned six
Wranglers, starting with a CJ5. And I liked all of 'em. The one I traded in
on the new one was an '03 Sport. And it was a...
Forum: Jeep October 25th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Jack Carter
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

Maybe you should check out the gear ratios in the 6-speed transmission and
then take one for a test drive - preferably one with the optional 3.73
axles. If you're open minded - as opposed to empty...
Forum: Jeep October 25th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 235
Posted By Jack Carter
V-6 in '08 Wrangler???

A friend tells me that the engine in my new Wrangler is made by Mitsubushi.
Is he correct? All I've heard is that it's a "good" engine and that it's
used in most Chrysler-made vans and has been...
Forum: Jeep October 14th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Carter
~318 plug switch~~?

can't tell how to change plugs on my oil burning '95 G.C. (41 thou miles,
oil changes every 3'000 miles) bcause the plugs are inside heat shields,
and the plug wrench does't fit inside. Anyone...
Forum: Jeep October 13th 07, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 31
Posted By Jack Carter
08 Wrangler Changes?

How is "reving the engine so high" going to have any bad effects on the rear
axle if the torque at that RPM is about the same?

"L. Ron Waddle" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep October 12th 07, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 31
Posted By Jack Carter
08 Wrangler Changes?

What you say was true for the 2007 - but NOT the 2008. I just checked the
window sticker on my 2008 and under standard equipment, it lists "Next
Generation Dana 44 Heavy Duty Rear...
Forum: Jeep October 12th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 31
Posted By Jack Carter
08 Wrangler Changes?

I don't know how accurate this is but my dealer says all Wranglers now have
the Dana 44 rear axle - but not in the front.

"97tjMike" > wrote in message...
Forum: Jeep October 2nd 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Jack Carter
'07-'08 Wrangler?

Hi Les: My window sticker says mine has the "tubular side steps" but there
sure isn't anything tubular about them. What's the difference between the
Sahara running boards and the tubular side...
Forum: Jeep October 2nd 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Jack Carter
'07-'08 Wrangler?

Thanx for the reply. (That does seem like a lot of boat to be pulling with a
Wrangler.) I'm on my 8th CJ or Wrangler. I bought a 2-dr X that's pretty
well loaded. (I don't like the painted fender...
Forum: Jeep October 1st 07, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
Posted By Jack Carter
'07-'08 Wrangler?

Anyone bought one? (I just did.) If so, what do you think of it?
Forum: Dodge August 28th 06, 03:20 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 10
Posted By Jack Carter
Which car to sell?

Dump the Exploder and consider yourself lucky that it hasn't rolled over or
spontaneously gone up in flames for no apparent reason. It was a POS when it
rolled off the assembly line brand...
Forum: Jeep July 16th 06, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack Carter
any SRT8 owners here?

Pretty much describes the way I feel about the Charger SRT8 I bought a week
ago. But I wouldn't call mine "quiet". When I get into it, it sounds like a
race car. The exhaust is definetly noiser...
Forum: Jeep July 16th 06, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack Carter
any SRT8 owners here?

How does he like it? - except for the gas mileage, of course.

"§qu@r3 Wh33£s" > wrote in message
> On this day of this month, in a year...
Forum: Jeep July 16th 06, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack Carter
any SRT8 owners here?

Probably not the same Hemi (6.1 liter) that's in the SRT8 though, is it?

"Al J" > wrote in message
> In article...
Forum: Jeep July 15th 06, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack Carter
any SRT8 owners here?

Anybody got one?
Forum: Jeep July 13th 06, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 26
Posted By Jack Carter
wrangler speakers....

You've GOT to be kidding. How in the world could the dealer use ANY kind of
a "thingy" to adjust the equalization curve of the audio output of the
radio????
And, No, I don't believe any of that...
Forum: Jeep July 13th 06, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 26
Posted By Jack Carter
wrangler speakers....

And just how are you supposed to set the "cabin equalization curve" with the
crappy Jeep tone controls? I've got one of those systems and to say that "it
totally sucks" is paying it a compliment....
Forum: Dodge July 11th 06, 03:30 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 2
Posted By Jack Carter
any SRT8 owners out there?

Haven't got the insurance bill yet but it probably won't be any bargain.
Re. gas mileage: just turned 350 miles and the average so far (according to
the computer) is 15.4, which includes both city...
Forum: Dodge July 10th 06, 03:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 2
Posted By Jack Carter
any SRT8 owners out there?

If so, how do you like it? Any particular likes or dislikes? Any problems so
far? I just got the Charger version Saturday. The thing is awesome! But I'm
sure I'm going to be paying for it thru the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26