Showing results 1 to 25 of 139
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Shep
Forum: Honda June 8th 08, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 54
Posted By Shep
2008 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study: Porsche, Honda, Chevrolet among big winners

Great discussion, the mentality is just like Corvette owner's choice of
this " world" renowned car makes them less likely to voice dissatisfaction
with their purchase. The initial quality survey...
Forum: Honda June 7th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 54
Posted By Shep
2008 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study: Porsche, Honda, Chevrolet among big winners

Consider most Porsche owners are somewhat fanatical about ownership of these
cars and hesitate to complain about mundane issues like the rest of us
might.
> wrote in message...
Forum: Technology April 16th 08, 09:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Shep
using front drive 2.2 in S10

Motor mount bosses fwd to rwd the same? I'd think a local yard with network
connections could get the right engine, no?
"bob urz" > wrote in message...
Forum: 4x4 July 27th 07, 11:35 AM Posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks,alt.autos.gm
Replies: 23
Posted By Shep
Making the handbrake stronger, 2002 Tahoe

As usual Ian, on the money, just did this to my Trailblazer.
"shiden" > wrote in message

> "Thorben Grosser" wrote
>
>> I recently bought a used...
Forum: Driving May 12th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 28
Posted By Shep
Vermont could clear way for new U.S. emissions rules

Hum, this is the same state that sentenced a child sexual predator to 6
months of rehab!!!
"Larry Bud" > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology March 27th 07, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.autos.gm,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Shep
S10 wiring diagram

You could try the ones listed for the truck in the chassis electrical part
of autozone.com/repairinfo.
"Bob Urz" > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology March 18th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Shep
Cadillac seats

Look under the floor pan, possible studs go thru the floor.
> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a 72 coupe deville...
Forum: Technology March 17th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Shep
New Water Pump= No Heat!

Sounds like it is air bound, there is a bleeder on the thermo housing and
the bypass pipe. 3.1?
> wrote in message
Forum: Technology January 5th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Shep
How to buy used vehicle; emissions

All passenger cars made in the US from 75 on need a cat, In NYS you fail
without one, lite trucks such as vans, jeeps and pick ups came later.
"Mike Romain" > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology January 4th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Shep
How to buy used vehicle; emissions

Cats are in all cars from 75.
"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> In article >, freddie >
Forum: Technology January 4th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Shep
1977 coupe deville 425 manifold vacuum behavior

Agreed.
"Steve" > wrote in message
> tich wrote:
>

>> Thanks for your response Shep.
>>
>>>From your reply I've learned that as a...
Forum: Technology January 3rd 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Shep
1977 Coupe Deville 425..........4-port Thermal Vacuum Switch, how does it work?

Yes.
"tich" > wrote in message
> My 1977 Coupe Deville 425 has a 4-port Thermal Vauccum Switch mounted
> in the front of...
Forum: Technology January 3rd 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Shep
1977 coupe deville 425 manifold vacuum behavior

Yes of couse, but why do you think 17 ( is it a steady reading) is low on an
old engine, what are the effects of this in respect to performance.
"tich" > wrote in message...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 07, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Shep
Getting fuel line compression fittings leak free

Should not use compression type fittings anywhere in the brake or fuel
system, oe doesn't and they are not recommneded for field repairs either.
"Ed" > wrote in...
Forum: Technology January 1st 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Shep
Emissions Testing (NOx)

Proper ign timing and a functioning egr system are the number one issues
with high nox.
"(o.0)" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology January 1st 07, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Shep
350 chevy engine wont start.

And do you have fuel pressure at the rail, basic diagnostics.
"96chevyexprsconvan" > wrote in message
> in...
Forum: Technology January 1st 07, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Shep
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT 6-cyl. speedometer

There is a problem in the speedo heaed itself, not uncommon on this truck.
"grunt262" > wrote in message

> I've...
Forum: Technology December 28th 06, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Shep
96 chevy truck question

Fine, so you do not have the proper tools to check or repair this, now
what?
"carnut" > wrote in message
>I do not...
Forum: Technology December 27th 06, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Shep
96 chevy truck question

Pressure test and see, basic diagnostics.
"carnut" > wrote in message
>I have a 96 silverado with a 350 and a coolant...
Forum: Technology December 27th 06, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Shep
Engine failure when turning.

Sparky, no interia switch in a Tahoe, must have been soemthing else.
"Sparky" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology December 23rd 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Shep
90 lumina euro - no reverse

It's done this is an internal pressure/seal issue.
"loewent via CarKB.com" <u10197@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi there....
>
> Picked up a 90 Lumina Euro Sedan, 3.1L 4spd...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 06, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Shep
Dual water temp sending unit

I think you may stand a bettter chance of getting help here by letting
everyone know what year/engine/car!
"Charles" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology December 22nd 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Shep
Need Upper Intake Manifold for Aerostar with 4.0L

Napa/Dorman.
"w35773" > wrote in message
>I am at the end of my rope. I have been scouring the 'net for an
Forum: Technology December 20th 06, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Shep
Service Engine Soon Light

You really should have a proper scan done to get an idea what's what here.
"fweddybear" > wrote in message
> Hi All....
>
> My service...
Forum: Technology December 20th 06, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Shep
strange problem with 91 MR2 , cannot determine cause

Also possible here someone added p/s fluid to the master you can get the
similar symptoms from that also.