Showing results 1 to 25 of 136
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]
Forum: Honda December 21st 06, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Classic Car Question?

Tegger wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire > wrote in
> :
>

> > Tegger wrote:
> >>
> >> Grumpy AuContraire...
Forum: Honda December 19th 06, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Classic Car Question?

Tegger wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire > wrote in
> :
>

> > Tegger wrote:

Forum: Honda December 19th 06, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 9
CV boot replacement

Peabody wrote:

> Tegger says...
>
> > If the joints are OEM it is definitely worth just
> > replacing the boot -- IF the joint is still OK. You need
> > to have an *experienced* mechanic...
Forum: Honda December 19th 06, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Classic Car Question?

Tegger wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire > wrote in
> :
>

> > red raider wrote:
> >>
> >> There's an answer at 8:00AM this...
Forum: Honda December 17th 06, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
How to deal with rust spot?

wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
> > Tegger wrote:
> > >
> > > Peabody > wrote in news:0PGgh.13150
> > > :

Forum: Honda December 17th 06, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
How to deal with rust spot?

Peabody wrote:

> Tegger says...
>
> >> Or.... He could buy a rust free southwest car and swap
> >> his good parts into it.. Gawd, I hate(d) those rust
> >> belt winters. Never again!

Forum: Honda December 17th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
How to deal with rust spot?

Tegger wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire > wrote in
> :
>

> > Or.... He could buy a rust free southwest car and swap...
Forum: Honda December 16th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Classic Car Question?

red raider wrote:

> There's an answer at 8:00AM this morning at 404-943-1620 or
> 866-356-0789 at radiosandysprings.com also an oil, filter and lube job
> at less than half price. This is for you...
Forum: Honda December 16th 06, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
How to deal with rust spot?

Tegger wrote:

> Peabody > wrote in news:0PGgh.13150
> :
>
> > I have a 94 Accord with only 54K miles, but have one rust spot near
> > the...
Forum: Honda December 15th 06, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 50
All the oil ran out of my new 2007 CR-V !!

You're getting the best of both worlds and is exactly the best decision
that you could have made.

I would monitor consumption closely for the next few months.
Traditionally, Honda engines consume...
Forum: Honda December 14th 06, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 37
Battery cable came off!

I feel like Kerry... "What I meant to say is, 'Uh, the battery is
nothing more than THE EQUIVALENT of a large capacitor.'"

I think that it's time for a belt of Pinch!

JT
Forum: Honda December 14th 06, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 37
Battery cable came off!

Matt Ion wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
>
> > Uh, the battery is nothing more thann a large capacitor.
>
> Actually, they're not. Capacitors /store/ electrical energy. Batteries
> /create/...
Forum: Honda December 14th 06, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 37
Battery cable came off!

Matt Ion wrote:

> Tegger wrote:
> > Matt Ion > wrote in

Forum: Honda December 14th 06, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 17
Faulty alternator on honda civic 90?

ixnaum wrote:

> Thanks for all the tips.
>
> I'm going to have the alternator replaced at a repair shop. Removing
> the driveshaft sounds too coplicated for me. On top of that have a
> good...
Forum: Technology December 8th 06, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 8
civic won't start

Yep... A common mistake. OTOH, being a mere 15-20 degrees off can
cause you heartburn too..

JT

Speedy Pete wrote:

Forum: Honda December 6th 06, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 21
Looking at Some Used Hondas

Two real PIA things about later Accords... Pop up headlights and the
other PIA automatic seat belts. Either feature is something I would
avoid at all costs..

JT

Elle wrote:
Forum: Honda December 5th 06, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 21
Looking at Some Used Hondas

jim beam wrote:

> Elle wrote:
> > As the regulars here know, I have got a kick out of working
> > on my 1991 Civic over the years. But (1) it has rust around
> > the gills and I want to look...
Forum: Honda December 4th 06, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 24
Cold start problem on '93 Accord

wrote:

> Megan wrote:
> The plugs were wet with fuel, even up around the
> > threads. Is this normal?
>
> Nope, and that's most likely why it's not starting. I'd almost bet
> $$$$...
Forum: Driving November 28th 06, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 53
Now I Want this Cute Little Smart Hybrid Car Coming to US in 2007

Yeah... But the Element is functional and dependable and like most
Hondas, holds its value far better than anything that comes out of Detroit..

JT

George Mills wrote:

> Going off topic...
Forum: Driving November 27th 06, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.driving

"Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:04:15 +0000, Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
>

> > "Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:
> >>
> >> On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:12:35 +0000,...
Forum: Driving November 26th 06, 11:08 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.driving

Jeffrey DeWitt wrote:

> Ray O wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> >
> >>Introducing the new Chrsyler Smart...
Forum: Driving November 26th 06, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.driving

Jeffrey DeWitt wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
> >
> > n5hsr wrote:

Forum: Driving November 26th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.driving

n5hsr wrote:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote in message
> >

> > "Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:
> >>
> >> On Sun,...
Forum: Honda November 26th 06, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Front end "snap" in 1991 Honda Accord EX with manual transmission

My guess is based on your statement that the noise "goes away" during
the winter months which might indicate lubrication being supplied by wet
roads etc. Other than that, I would look to slop in the...
Forum: Driving November 26th 06, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.studebaker,rec.autos.driving