Showing results 1 to 25 of 77
Search took 3.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: anumber1
Forum: Technology November 3rd 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By anumber1
Labor to Change Power Steering Hose

aarcuda69062 wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Caprice85 > wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>> I posted earlier about the power...
Forum: Technology October 20th 08, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By anumber1
TH400 wont shift to drive

Craig wrote:

> "sdlomi2" > wrote in message
>

>> "Andrew" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology September 19th 08, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By anumber1
Realistic Wheel Alignment Setting Condition.

dye wrote:
> In article >,
> anumber1 > wrote:
>
>>HLS wrote:

Forum: Technology September 14th 08, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Ray wrote:
> ChrisCoaster wrote:
>
>> Fact: Most cars going down the road have at least one person(the
>> driver), in them(hopefully!). Correct?
>>
>> Then why are cars aligned with no...
Forum: Technology September 14th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

HLS wrote:

> "Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
>
>>> And what do you do about the car that is driven by the 300 pound guy
>>> with a 300...
Forum: Technology June 20th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By anumber1
Ford F-150 Ball Joint Issue

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> idbwill > wrote:
>
>>Book time is 6.5 hrs/one each side, including alignment. Doing both
>>each side is 7.2. (hrs x shop labor rate) Ball joints vary in...
Forum: Technology April 27th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By anumber1
93 Pontiac Grand Am

Paul wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> I have a '93 Pontiac Grand Am that I "inherited" by default. It has
>> not really been taken care of - unfortunately I do not have alot...
Forum: Technology February 15th 08, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By anumber1
Which head gasket should I buy?

Dennis wrote:
> I'm going to be replacing the head gasket on my Jeep Wrangler soon. My two
> choices of gasket sets was Fel-Pro or Victor. The Fel-Pro head gasket set
> cost about three times more...
Forum: Technology December 10th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By anumber1
batt light

wolfy69 wrote:
> hi all this problem started the other day when i turn the ignition on the
> batt light refuses to light up, the bulbs ok the only time it comes on
> before start up is when i put a...
Forum: Technology November 28th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By anumber1
i have a big problem im gogin crazy wit it

HLS wrote:

> "Tegger" > wrote in message
>
>> Sleep it off first, then repost your question in the morning.
>>
>> In your repost, please include year, make, model, engine,...
Forum: Technology November 12th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By anumber1
Automotive Oil Filters

john wrote:
> What do you know about your car? Do you know how to change the oil or
> switch a flat tire? Hey, don't worry; not all of us are automotive
> inclined. I know that I'm definitely not. I...
Forum: Technology November 6th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By anumber1
72 Nova tuning

Ray wrote:
> Steve W. wrote:
>
>> news wrote:
>>
>>> Before my buddy spends a bunch more money on his motor, I'd like to
>>> help him optimize his current setup. He's redoing most of the body
Forum: Technology October 23rd 07, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By anumber1
Removing window tinting

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> mboszko > wrote:
>
>>Excellent, thanks. I'll give it a try this weekend.
>

> Nobody has mentioned Goo-Gone yet. This is naptha cut with d-limonene
> and...
Forum: Technology October 14th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By anumber1
Radiator fan comes on too soon.

j wrote:
> Does anyone know what would cause the electric radiator fan to come on
> within a minute or so of starting a cold engine and staying on the entire
> time the car is being driven? Sometimes...
Forum: Technology September 12th 07, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By anumber1
Suggestions

hls wrote:
> I am a little short on facts on this case, but would appreciate some
> suggestions
> before I go further.
>
> My sister was attempting to connect a late model Ford pickup (details on...
Forum: Technology September 9th 07, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By anumber1
Engine Shaking after changing spark plugs & Wires ??????

blackmanofsteel40 wrote:
> On Aug 29, 12:00 pm, Steve B. > wrote:

<SNIP>
>>What kind of plugs did you put in it?
>>
>> Steve B.
>

> Autolite Resistor...these are the...
Forum: Technology August 10th 07, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By anumber1
Ford pickup low voltage at idle

N8N wrote:
> On Aug 6, 3:16 pm, N8N > wrote:
>
>>On Aug 6, 1:23 pm, wrote:
>>

>>>On Aug 5, 3:13 pm, Mike Walsh >...
Forum: Technology July 2nd 07, 04:22 PM Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.autos.tech,soc.culture.china
Replies: 111
Posted By anumber1
just an anecdotal story

Fake ID wrote:
> In article >,
> Tegger > wrote:
>
>>N8N > wrote...
Forum: Technology June 12th 07, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By anumber1
Any reason semis do not use diesel-electric engines?

Steve wrote:
> anumber1 wrote:
>

>> Most north American locomotives do not use anti-freeze compounds in
>> the engine's coolant so it is important to drain a locomotive of
>> coolant if it is...
Forum: Technology June 11th 07, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> Al G, you want to argue with Wendell Miller (I am not Wendell Miller)
> about that?
> cuhulin

Why not let Mr. Miller argue on his own? I was merely responding to a
post...
Forum: Technology June 11th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By anumber1
$3 battery charger

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
> 3 Dollar lead acid Battery Charger
> http://www.alpharubicon.com/elect/3dollarbattggn.htm
>
> Ace, WH2T
>
> from one of the radio ngs.
>
> Really neat.

Forum: Technology June 11th 07, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By anumber1
GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup rotors

wrote:
> My 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup with 60,700 miles had severe brake
> vibrations.
> I put it in for service at a very trusted repair center.
> He called and said my...
Forum: Technology June 11th 07, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> I don't know how well diesel-electric would work for semis/18
> wheelers.But as far as diesel Locomotives are concerned, they
> can't/aren't suppose to sit too long without...
Forum: Technology March 27th 07, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By anumber1
That proves the point completly

aarcuda69062 wrote:
> In article >, "Steve W." >
> wrote:
>

>>Noozer wrote:
>>
> wrote in message...
Forum: Technology March 25th 07, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By anumber1
Buy cheapest gasoline?

J J wrote:
> There have been numerous articles saying there is no difference between
> cut rate and major brand gasoline. They say buy by price alone.
>
> The few times I have purchased cheap no...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 77