Showing results 1 to 25 of 149
Search took 7.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scott in Baltimore
Forum: Jeep October 26th 08, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Removing the crankshaft position sensor.

AJ wrote:
> AJ wrote:
>> Getting a P0320 code and failing to start when hot. I am trying to
>> replace the sensor. Any tricks to getting the sensor out. I have it
>> loose enough to rotate and...
Forum: Jeep October 26th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Better radiator

> A buddy of mine swears by this place. New all metal heavy duty 3
> core. One of these days I will replace my plastic one too!
>
> http://www.radiatorbarn.com/

Radiator Replacement...
Forum: Jeep October 24th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Turbo Jeep!

> BTW, my rig is automatic (don't laugh):(

So is mine. It will go, if you floor it and wait some.
The company car I drive has a lot more vrooom to it and
it's also a 4 cyl auto. Gearing and...
Forum: Jeep October 14th 08, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 30
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
seized camshaft, replacement engine cost?

Jeep America #1 wrote:
> if you have to ask a question like that then you should probably turn
> in your jeep card and your man card and your american card and go live
> in france or canada...

All I...
Forum: Jeep October 13th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Cherokee only starts if I step on gas...

AJ wrote:
> Mel P. wrote:
>> I left my flashers on overnight by mistake, which drained my battery.
>> I charged the battery and now seems to crank OK.
>> However, the engine doesn't start unless I...
Forum: Jeep October 12th 08, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 11
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Jeep Wagoneer Problem

> Why get rid of it? Simple. It's a gas guzzler.

I'm lucky to get 14 MPG in a '97 TJ SE.
Forum: Jeep October 11th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Turbo Jeep!

Maybe if you change the gears to 2:something from 4:10 you _might_ see some movement.
As mine is, you need to make the motor turn a a lot to move a little bit.

-Scott
'97 TJ SE
Forum: Jeep October 6th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Better radiator

Thanks. Looks like I need a loan to fix it right...
....uh, oh, bank told me to stick it in a hat!

jbjeep wrote:
> and a third.
>

> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:36:32 -0500, "DougW"...
Forum: Jeep October 2nd 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Better radiator

I need a replacement for a '97 TJ SE. Are there better then Pepboys or Advance Auto?

TIA
Forum: Jeep September 17th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Cat Converter Shield

> Help-Slip-Franklin wrote:
>> H-S-F

These three words stand for a classic jam lineup from the Grateful Dead.
Help On The Way-> Slipknot!-> Franklin's Tower.

I'm an etree shncirc manager for a few...
Forum: Jeep September 16th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 9

Help-Slip-Franklin wrote:
> '94 YJ. I replaced my muffler and tail pipe this past weekend, what a
> miserable job that was! In the process the shield on the cat converter came
> off, both top and...
Forum: Jeep September 6th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.jeep,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 29
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Best Brand Windshield wiper blades ?

> http://www.tripledge.com/where_to_buy.php

Sorry for your inconvenience Tripledge is not available in the following sizes: 11-15, 26, and 28
Forum: Jeep August 2nd 08, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 5
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Great Tip on How to Beat Fuel Prices Using Water

virig wrote:
> Water fueled cars are a reality and many people are using this
> technology to save money and improve the environment.
Forum: Jeep July 14th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
What did I cook?

> Finally I figured out that one of the
> copper leafs has broken and _THAT'S_ why I have no brake lights. I guess
> I need to rig a temporary push button if I go out at night until Monday...

Got...
Forum: Jeep July 12th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
What did I cook?

I probably DID cook the amp. I took the brake switch out and tested it.
Only the sense section worked so I took the switch apart, cleaned the
contacts and tested it again. Finally I figured out that...
Forum: Jeep July 12th 08, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
What did I cook?

> I was running an RF amp and producing from 500 to 700 watts of FM on 29.600.

Note that 1/4 wave is about 8 feet at 29.600. The voltage at that point
could easily be 500 volts. The brakes are...
Forum: Jeep July 11th 08, 08:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 7
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
What did I cook?

This is a '97 Wrangler TJ SE.

I was running an RF amp and producing from 500 to 700 watts of FM on 29.600.
It's grounded to a seat bolt. Bad move, I know. Anyway, I figure I'm drawing
about 100+...
Forum: Jeep June 16th 08, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Sunrider soft top troubles

JT Wright wrote:
> I'm having problems putting up the Sunrider soft top by myself. Seems it
> takes two people to put it up. Anyone else experiencing this issue? (The
> instructions even say,...
Forum: Jeep June 14th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 20
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
my friend VIC. :(

> http://revbeergoggles.com/temp/doh-fixored.jpg

That's a nice CMOS chip in the picture. A cheap soldering
iron can have as much as 40V on the tip due to AC leakage.

On sensitive stuff, I either...
Forum: Jeep June 7th 08, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Gas mileage

motorhead wrote:
> Hey Guys,
> How much gas mileage does a 4 cyl. Jeep get? My 97 XJ with 30in tires
> only gets about 17-18 mpg....thanks....

As much as I like my '97 TJ SE, the 4 banger auto...
Forum: Jeep June 3rd 08, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Windshield header leak

Thanks to those that actually took the time to give a real answer.

I'll check the items pointed out in the proper responses.
Forum: Jeep June 1st 08, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Windshield header leak

I noticed he missed the point, but why don't you take your bull$hit back to
some other thread and don't poison mine with your vileness.
Forum: Jeep June 1st 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Windshield header leak

> Find
> the drain hose that drains into the engine compartment and blow the leaves
> back out the top, and all over the floor boards.

Windshield header, not heater box. My drip comes from where...
Forum: Jeep May 31st 08, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 14
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Windshield header leak

Any clue what's causing a leak to occur from my windshield header
every time it rains? I have to park with my tail end up so the water
drains out the front floorboard drain hole when it rains.

'97...
Forum: Jeep May 25th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 26
Posted By Scott in Baltimore
Gas mileage in 94 Cherokee

>> ... the inline 4.0 V6..