Showing results 1 to 25 of 414
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Strickland[_1_]
Forum: BMW January 10th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 6
BMW diesels and vegetable oil...

My understanding is, this is perfectly fine. You have to observe pretty
obvious stuff, clean the chunks out first, etc., but beyond that, I've not
heard of any downside or limitation.

Well, one...
Forum: Jeep January 9th 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Disabling pass airbag in '97 TJ

Sorry if I am posting at the incorrect location in the...
Forum: Jeep January 9th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"bllsht" > wrote in message
> Wrong. They don't have the authority to require a dealer to disable
> an airbag.
>
> You should know...
Forum: Jeep January 9th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
Date of Man.

My '81 CJ5 has a sticker affixed to the tub, below the driver door opening.

"Digit" > wrote in message...
Forum: BMW January 9th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
New e34 rotors installed, but...

"Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message
> In article >,
Forum: BMW January 9th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 10
New e34 rotors installed, but...

No, there is no special tool, and that bolt is not entirely necessary. All
it does is hold the rotor on while the tire is removed.

I just installed new rotors (all 4 of them) on my 3 Series, and I...
Forum: Jeep January 9th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Carl" > wrote in message
> My 99 TJ had a key-activated disconnect.
>
> Carl

Yes, and that key activated switch...
Forum: Jeep January 9th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Bobo Bonobo" > wrote in message

> DougW wrote:
>> CLASSACT wrote:
>> > I read on old thread on this NG where...
Forum: Jeep January 9th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 16
Disabling pass airbag in '97 TJ

You can go to the NHTSA Website and download a PDF file that you complete
and carry to the local dealership, where they will install a switch that you
use to disable the passenger side airbag...
Forum: BMW January 8th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 4
RPM problem BMW E36 SALOON 318i 1994 M43 , 153.000 km

"Andrew Morton" > wrote in message
> Dirk wrote:
>> Problem:
>> When i release the trottle pedal to switch manuel gear, the RPM...
Forum: BMW January 7th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw

"Dirk" > wrote in message
> Problem:
>

> When i release the trottle pedal to switch manuel gear, the RPM stay to
Forum: Jeep January 7th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
P0303 cylinder #3 misfire

So, one of the coils is bad.

"Carl" > wrote in message
> Jeff, no plug wires or dist cap on an 00 and 01. Coil...
Forum: Jeep January 3rd 07, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 27
P0303 cylinder #3 misfire

With a misfire, I'd be looking at the plug wires or coil. I'd check plug
wires if there was a distributor, or I'd look at the coil if there was a
separate coil for each cylinder, or a coil for...
Forum: Jeep December 30th 06, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 1
mirror installation help

Do you mean the cover that has screws which are exposed when the hard top is
removed?

"David Drum" > wrote in message...
Forum: BMW December 29th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 1
Santa borught an E46 Alarm System

My daughter got a factory alarm for her E46 that literally jumped into the
car. Installation was so simple, my daughter did it herself. The directions
worked perfectly -- with the exception of the...
Forum: Jeep December 29th 06, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 35
Tilt steering repair

Therej is a GM Steering Wheel Lock Puller, or something to that effect, that
you need to get that snap ring off. I recall it costing about $10. I think
you can borrow it from the AutoZone Loaner...
Forum: BMW December 28th 06, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Can't SHIFT to Reverse, my last hope. Please Help!

You haven't given enough detail to help you.

Does it shift into the desired gear, but nothing happens? This would
indicate an internal problem with the transmission.

Does the shifter move, but...
Forum: BMW December 27th 06, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 18
E46 Owner: Why does my dash computer beep and tell me the temperature?

" > wrote in message
> Brilliant, thanks. Knew it was something simple.....no i can sleep in
Forum: BMW December 27th 06, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 18
E46 Owner: Why does my dash computer beep and tell me the temperature?

Your car is telling you that it is cold, andthere could be ice that has
formed in all of the usual places.

Some people know all about ice, but are not aware that it might be cold
enough for ice to...
Forum: BMW December 24th 06, 10:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 15
How often should gearbox and axle oils be changed

"bfd" > wrote in message

> "Pete" > wrote in message

Forum: Jeep December 24th 06, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Replies: 2
1997 Wramgler Sport - front windshield wipers

I think you need to start troubleshooting by finding out how to stop the
wipers after they start by theirself. Without any additional information, my
guess is the Combo Switch that operates the...
Forum: BMW December 24th 06, 08:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Minor gripe.

"Mike G" > wrote in message

> "Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message
Forum: BMW December 24th 06, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Minor gripe.

That isn't gonna happen.

"Josh Assing" > wrote in message
> Use a little sandpaper and sand it down to get some shiney...
Forum: BMW December 24th 06, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 9
Minor gripe.

That's a good question.

"Mike G" > wrote in message
> Why oh why did BMW in their wisdom fit a brown plastic level...
Forum: Driving December 23rd 06, 08:50 PM Posted to misc.rural,rec.autos.driving,rec.motorcycles,misc.transport.trucking
Replies: 3
Two more Americans dead: Farm hand charged in fatal wreck

> wrote in message
>
> A good illegal alien is a dead illegal alien.
>
> ted

1.) You're an idiot.
2.) Assuming...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 414