Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 1.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve[_13_]
Forum: Saturn March 22nd 08, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve[_13_]
2007 rearview mirror

Did he mention how to disable the feature? I never used the old manual
"dim" feature and never intend on using it on my '07 Vue.

Thanks,
Steve

"marx404" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn March 17th 08, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve[_13_]
headlight replacement on 96 SLC2

I am just betting that there will be a noticeable difference between the new
bulb and old bulb (playing the odds).

Steve

"Doug Miller" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn March 16th 08, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve[_13_]
headlight replacement on 96 SLC2

I suggest you replace both bulbs. Either the other one will go out in a
couple of weeks, or you will have one bright white new bulb and one dull
orangish old bulb.

Also, don't bother with any of...
Forum: Saturn February 4th 08, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve[_13_]
That was it!

I have been having some strange front end noise problems on my '07 Vue. At
first I thought it was break squeal, but it has more of a high pitched
"rubbing-rubber" sound that changes with speed. As...
Forum: Saturn January 13th 08, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve[_13_]
2002 saturn vue "Service" light with wrench

It's a Maintenance Light to remind you to change the oil. Check the owners
manual for reset instructions.

Steve

> wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn November 22nd 07, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Service Maintenance light on the dash

Could be as simple as the gas cap is not on tight.

Steve

"JBond" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> Any...
Forum: Saturn October 23rd 07, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Cost to replace Valve Cover Gasket? (still nobody knows what the prob is)

Simple things first (or last), has the throttle body been cleaned?

Steve

"kohlrabi_croce" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn September 29th 07, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve[_13_]
97' SC2 Auto Hard Shifting

Sounds like the all-to-common-for-Saturns shifter slam. There is a cheap fix
and expensive fix.

Cheap fix (worked on my '99 SC2):
Do a drain-and-fill with Mobil1 synthetic ATF, drive it for several...
Forum: Saturn May 15th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Brake Fluid

Buy a suction type brake bleeder then thank me later.

Steve

"HyperCube33 (Life2Death)" > wrote in message
> If I dare attempt to...
Forum: Saturn April 3rd 07, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve[_13_]
purchasing a used '97 Saturn SC2

Make sure you check the oil AFTER you test drive it; If it goes from looking
like oil to looking like burnt oil, one or more piston rings a stuck (very
common) or a valve seal is blown. Another way...
Forum: Saturn March 24th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Tires..'05 Vue

First place you should look is http://www.tirerack.com

Professional and user reviews on an obscene number of tires and a nice list
of what will fit your vehicle.

Steve

"HomeR" >...
Forum: Saturn February 20th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve[_13_]
SL2 woes.

I'll second the recommendation on plug wires; I had to replace them on '99
SC2 (the shock when I touched one was a dead giveaway). Also, if you see
frayed insulation on signal wires, get some GOOD...
Forum: Saturn February 8th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Rented AWD Vue

I have the AWD Vue and my wife is on her 3rd RAV4. I can tell you the RAV is
an order of magnitude better in AWD behavior. I just had the chance to put
the VUE to the test after Cincinnati...
Forum: Saturn February 6th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve[_13_]
2006 Vue. 12 miles per gallon?

Something is very wrong. I have on '07 V6 AWD and even driving it hard and
letting it warm up in the mornings, I still get 20-22 MPG. Either you are
driving exclusively in rush hour city traffic,...
Forum: Saturn February 5th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve[_13_]
I screwed up trying to install a stereo

The best source for wiring diagrams is http://www.the12volt.com/ . Sorry
it's probably too little too late for you.

Steve

"Billycat" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn January 31st 07, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve[_13_]
L300 hose clamps

If you want to stick with EPDM (you probably should),
http://www.mcmaster.com/ has an EPDM o-ring kit (not as complete as the
harbor freight kit, so double check the size range you need) and every...
Forum: Saturn January 9th 07, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve[_13_]
'96 SW2 sticky footfeed - but only when running?

Clean the throttle body (butterfly valve on the air intake) with throttle
body cleaner.

Steve

"ouroboros rex" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn December 28th 06, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_13_]
VUE -- how pronounced?

In the Vue's case:

1. The AWD system only adds ~150#s

2. It's a Saturn. I fully expect the rest of the vehicle to fall apart long
before the Honda AWD system so much as sneezes

3. The Honda AWD...
Forum: Saturn December 26th 06, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_13_]
VUE -- how pronounced?

It's pronounced "honda".

"Doug Miller" > wrote in message
> Just curious: is it "voo", or "vyew", or "vee-yew-eee", or...
Forum: Saturn December 18th 06, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Need pictures of installed air deflector on a 1996 SC2

Check out http://www.demco-products.com/Pages/fitlist.html#Saturn

Click on the appropriate baseplate link and it will give you a pdf of the
manual for installing a baseplate on that exact vehicle....
Forum: Saturn December 17th 06, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Vue Recalls ???

Search he
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

"Your name" > wrote in message
> Subject VUE
>
> ASomene...
Forum: Saturn November 7th 06, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Tires for my SC2?

I had Dunlop SP Sport A2 on my old '99 SC2. The wet grip and cornering was
outstanding.

Steve

"HyperCube33 (Life2Death)" > wrote in message...
Forum: Saturn August 19th 06, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve[_13_]
Replacing speakers on 96 SL

Designed by the same people who put the oil filter horizontal and over top
of the axle, and installed the trunk latch upside down to gurantee the most
damage when you try to slide something into and...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23