Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: barking pumpkin
Forum: Driving August 31st 06, 06:13 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 30
Posted By barking pumpkin
Gasoline sold at higher temperatures without adjustments costconsumers

John F. Carr wrote:
> In article >, John S > wrote:
>
>>Article from Kansas City Star and via other Knight - Ridder papers too.
>>
>>State probes 'hot' fuel...
Forum: Driving August 31st 06, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By barking pumpkin
Hyundai sued for wrongful death

wrote:
> The West Virginia Record reports that John Borders, a father from
> Kopperston, WV, has filed suit individually and on behalf of his
> daughter's estate against Hyundai...
Forum: Driving August 28th 06, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 20
Posted By barking pumpkin
How much teen insurance increase from first accident?

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Eeyore > said in
> rec.autos.driving:
>

>>"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:
>>

>>>Bill Funk > said in...
Forum: Driving August 28th 06, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By barking pumpkin
So you think big trucks are great ?

Eeyore wrote:
> Just for your amusement !
>
> http://www.micom.net/oops/Hummer.jpg
> http://www.micom.net/oops/H2%20looks%20tough.jpg

Hmmm - the smaller truck looks worse off.

Shall we come up...
Forum: Driving August 27th 06, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 109
Posted By barking pumpkin
What's wrong with ticket quotas for Highway Patrolmen?

John Smith wrote:

>>replace "g" with "a"
>

> Yes, we do, and statistics are kept. One of the criteria is a "community
> contact". This can be a citation, warning, just being "officer...
Forum: Driving August 27th 06, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,misc.transport.trucking,rec.motorcycles,sci.med
Replies: 66
Posted By barking pumpkin
Illegal aliens cause 9,125 deaths annually

kasl33 wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>

>>I was born and raised in america. You can't get more american than
>>that so don't call me an immigrant.
>

> My point was to...
Forum: Driving August 27th 06, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.sport.nascar,misc.transport.trucking,rec.motorcycles,sci.med
Replies: 66
Posted By barking pumpkin
Illegal aliens cause 9,125 deaths annually

Ted Kennedy - President of DDDAMM (Drunk Driving Divers Against Mad
Mothers) wrote:

>>So, 'Speeders and Drunk Drivers are Murderers', where are you from?
>

> Somewhere around Greely,...
Forum: Driving August 27th 06, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 110
Posted By barking pumpkin
HA! Ohio cop ticketed for below his own ticketing threshold.

wrote:

>>>65mph is a good limit for that road.
>>
>>Have you driven that road?
>>
>>80 would be a reasonable speed limit.
Forum: Driving August 26th 06, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

wrote:
> 65mph is a good limit for that road.

Have you driven that road?

80 would be a reasonable speed limit.
Forum: Driving August 26th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 61
Posted By barking pumpkin
For those who still don't believe that cash can be siezed bypolice

gpsman wrote:
> Brent P wrote: <brevity snip>

> Well... try reading the entire pdf yourself. When a Mexican who speaks
> little English

What does his nationality or inability to speak fluent...
Forum: Driving August 26th 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

morticide wrote:

> The traveler made the mistake of having that mush cash. In the current
> days of ATM and debit cards, it's totally crazy to carry more than a
> couple of C-notes in cash. ...
Forum: Driving August 26th 06, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 15
Posted By barking pumpkin
Airport Security Question

Furious George wrote:
> Computers can't make random numbers;
>>people can't pick things at random.

the generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.
Forum: Driving August 26th 06, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By barking pumpkin
"Over the limit, Under Arrest, Please Drive Sober"

Apologies if I posted this already, but the first time I saw this (as
well as several people I talked to), we all though WTF (before we read
the 'please drive sober' portion).

Pete Coors just...
Forum: Driving August 22nd 06, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 0
Posted By barking pumpkin
Here's Where the Slow Children Play

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> http://i7.tinypic.com/258ulpe.jpg
>
> Not sure why you'd want to advertise the fct that your child is slow.

Nah - they're actually advertising that the kid's parents are...
Forum: Driving August 19th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Replies: 15
Posted By barking pumpkin
Looks like Mel Gibson gets off with wrist slap

Harry K wrote:
> Bill Bonde ('The path is clear, though no eyes can see') wrote:
>
>>laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/17/mel-gibson-cops-a-plea/
>>>
>>>Mel...
Forum: Driving August 19th 06, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 1
Posted By barking pumpkin
Slammed, Part II

necromancer wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
> said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>>I expect there'll be a bright orange "Abandoned Auto" sticker on...
Forum: Driving August 19th 06, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 23
Posted By barking pumpkin
Black car vs White car in summer heat

Bill Funk wrote:

>>Ed
>>

> True, but there are even solutions for that! :-)
> Those flares that fit over windows will keep the rain out of slightly
> open windows, even with heavy winds.
Forum: Driving August 19th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

C. E. White wrote:
> "barking pumpkin" > wrote in message
>

>>There were a couple of other factors to consider, but I think...
Forum: Driving August 18th 06, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Bill Funk wrote:
> On 14 Aug 2006 07:27:30 -0700, "Harry K" >
> wrote:
>

>>Sorta an aside here. There is a very small fan, solar powered, being
>>flogging on the TV here....
Forum: Driving August 17th 06, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 59
Posted By barking pumpkin
road courtesy - a question for the masses of rad

Harry K wrote:

> Common courtesy requires the merging driver not to cause traffic
> conflicts.

And I didn't.
Forum: Driving August 16th 06, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> barking pumpkin > said in rec.autos.driving:
>

>>While under no legal obligation to do so, any reasonable person (again,
>>IM(ns)HO) would have moved over.

Forum: Driving August 15th 06, 07:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

bernard farquart wrote:
> "barking pumpkin" > wrote in message
>
>>Brent P wrote:
>>
>>>Give me a reason not to think you're not mr....
Forum: Driving August 12th 06, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> barking pumpkin > said in rec.autos.driving:
>

>>>Let me get this straight: you were a couple of CAR LENGTHS AHEAD of
>>>the other car, you were moving 70 MPH to...
Forum: Driving August 12th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 37
Posted By barking pumpkin
Panicking Idiots Hoarding Gasoline

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

>>BOOOOMMMMM!
>

> That was my point. It's gonna be dangerous. I can just see the
> idiots buying an old bathtub home @ the junkyard and putting it in...
Forum: Driving August 12th 06, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> barking pumpkin > said in rec.autos.driving:
>

>>But there is a common thread between this and the gas crisis in Arizona
>>a couple years ago. Most are probably...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84