Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rich
Forum: VW water cooled December 17th 09, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Rich
85 Jetta GLI Fuel Pump Relay - 4 or 5 terminals?

PeterD wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 04:49:17 GMT, Wayne Faas >
> wrote:
>
>> The fuel pump relay on my 85 Jetta GLI with CIS-E fuel injection has 4
>> terminals. However, the...
Forum: VW water cooled December 17th 09, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Rich
86 Vanagon Coolant light?

caroline wrote:
> "Rastamon" wrote
> .
>> One other thing, is there blower fans don't work, though we'll cross that
>> bridge when we get the other things fixed.
>
> Assuming you mean the blower...
Forum: VW water cooled January 31st 09, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Rich
1995 Jetta Temperature Gauge rises then drops suddently backto normal.

tombstone wrote:
> Good Afternoon!
>
> My daughter just called me on the way from from college and said she
> was having a problem with her car. She said that as she is driving
> the temperature...
Forum: VW water cooled January 19th 09, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Rich
82 Rabbit heater blower lubrication

Mine had a dealer installed A/C but that is a separate bladed fan
inside the car on right side of heater. This blower is under the
hood, you are supposed to drop the heater to replace it, but we
had...
Forum: VW water cooled January 17th 09, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Rich
82 Rabbit heater blower lubrication

The original blower (squirrel cage with motor inside) lasted 20 years.
Replaced new 180 bucks - bearings screaming on startup 2 years later.
Any idea if the bearings in this blower/motor assy. can...
Forum: VW water cooled December 30th 08, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Rich
WTB floor stiffner brace(s) for 82 Rabbit

Homer wrote:

> "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote in message
>
>>Not sure what you mean about the "floor stiffner...
Forum: VW water cooled December 29th 08, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Rich
WTB floor stiffner brace(s) for 82 Rabbit

The floor stiffner channel under drivers seat/floor was
crushed using a floor jack. Course that's not the place
to jack up the car, expecially with a diesel motor :-(
Any ideas for sources, or...
Forum: VW water cooled July 21st 08, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich
85 jetta diesel

None4You wrote:
> "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote in message
>
>>Odometer problem huh?
>>You can probably find the gear. ...
Forum: VW water cooled November 14th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich
82 Rabbit Door Lock Mechanism

door lock won't stay locked. 330,000 rabbit dsl.
dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> Please replace that tiny spring located inside of the latch since it might
> cause you not to be able to easily open...
Forum: VW water cooled September 19th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

> Please replace that tiny spring located inside of the latch since it might
> cause you not to be able to easily open the door.
> Or replace that latch.
> BTW have you lubed...
Forum: VW water cooled September 16th 07, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich
82 Rabbit Door Lock Mechanism

Our door lock plunger used to snap into full-up or full-down position.
Now it just seems to float or fall back to the half-up position.
Is there a spring in there somewhere that could have broken? ...
Forum: VW water cooled August 21st 06, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Rich
so lost, my lights won't work 82 rabbit convertible

Not to mention the seal where the radio antenna wire comes in.
Rich

Papa wrote:

> The first thing you should do is buy a Bentley service manual (about $50).
> Make sure you can an edition that is...
Forum: VW water cooled August 15th 06, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Rich
glow plugs? Relay Maybe?

TDPassat wrote:

> I have a 1993 Volkswagen Passat TD
> We have a Glow Plug Problem, They won't glow up unless you manually
> make the contacts ( of the relay ) come together, then they'll light...
Forum: VW water cooled August 15th 06, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Rich
'82 Rabbit blower switch problem

Rich wrote:

> Second time this (up-down) off-1-2-3 blower switch has failed.
> The replacement for this switch has now been "discontinued."
> What to Fix It With(?) Original switch has 5-tabs on...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14