Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Al
Forum: VW air cooled August 4th 08, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 89
Posted By Al
10% Ethanol Gas Causing Poor Performance?

Speaking of airplanes....my 1964 Cessna 172 is certified to run on 87
octane unleaded gas WITHOUT ETHANOL. Now I can't find it. Thanks to
the corn farmer lobby and the misguided concept that we...
Forum: VW air cooled April 25th 08, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Al
Convertible window frames

I have a 70 convertible and the top of the metal frame on the passenger
side window has come loose. Can anyone in the group give me some
insight on what kind of glue and tips on...
Forum: VW air cooled April 21st 08, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Al
Convertible side window glue

The metal frame around the passenger door window has come loose. What
type of glue holds that together? And...does anyone have any tips on
gluing it back in?

Thanks.

Al
1970...
Forum: VW air cooled October 25th 07, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Al
Broken down in Montana! Please help diagnose my VW's problems!

Where in Montana are you stuck?

Al

Spokane, WA

Aircooled is good!
1970 VW Convertible
1967 Honda 90
1964 Cessna 172
Forum: VW air cooled July 28th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Al
a/c for the bug

For about $500 you can get the "Cheap Aviation Air Conditioning" system.
it's basically an ice chest with a fan that parks on the back seat of
your airplane. Considering A/C systems for small...
Forum: VW air cooled July 21st 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 15
Posted By Al
Do you name your car?

Our 70 vert is named Kermit. Because he's green, of couse. And, as we
all know, "it's not easy being green."

Al
1970 Convertible

A Veteran wrote:
> Did it come with a name? Many VW's are part of...
Forum: VW air cooled June 8th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Al
Trailering question

We have a small flatbed trailer and I plan to roll my 1970 convertible
up onto it and tow her behind my motorhome. Question: I think I can
tie the straps onto the front torsion bar, but where...
Forum: VW air cooled April 9th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Al
Oil Change

I changed the oil in my 1970 VW Convertible today. While that was
underway, my wife sent me this e-mail message. None of the events below
were part of my oil change. This is informational only. ...
Forum: VW air cooled March 11th 07, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Al
1970 Iginition Switch Help needed

I have a 1970 Beetle Convetible. On occasion, when I turn the key to
"start" it doesn't engage the starter. If I try it again, it usually
works. Any insight? I assume that I need a new starter...
Forum: VW air cooled March 11th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Al
Tools: Harbor Freight, Sears

I've got Craftsman and Harbor Freight Tools. Rule number 1: Buy all
hand tools that you use frequently (and require top quality) at Sears.
That's "Craftsman" hand tools, not "Sears" hand tools. ...
Forum: VW air cooled September 8th 06, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Al
Static cling RAMVA

Arggh! I want one!

Al
70 Vert

Dave Tosi wrote:
> Hey y'all,
>
> Does anyone have any of the static cling RAMVA stickers, for VW windows,
> that were made a few years ago. Mine has self...
Forum: VW air cooled September 8th 06, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Al
Brake Test Light

The little "brake test light" in my 70 vert doesn't light up when I push
it. What should I look for?

Thanks.

Al
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12