Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Houdsie
Forum: VW air cooled October 5th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Houdsie
Dies at idle...do I need I new carburator?

If the car drives fine, but doesn't idle, check your wiring on the
idle cut off switch. I had a similar problem after changing my fuel
filter. I found that the wire broke at the connection for the...
Forum: VW air cooled April 23rd 07, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Houdsie
License light wire access

I only had time for a quick look to find the wires. I think I found
them on the passenger side of the compartment. For reference, I have
a early '73 (9/72) with a generator. The tarboard is warped...
Forum: VW air cooled April 21st 07, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Houdsie
License light wire access

Sorry, This is on a '73 Super.
Forum: VW air cooled April 20th 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Houdsie
License light wire access

My license plate light has not worked in the 4 years I've owned my
car. State inspection is coming up and it's time I got around to
fixing it before my luck runs out. I cleaned up the wires in...
Forum: VW air cooled February 3rd 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Houdsie
FI mpg question

Thanks for the replies so far. I found a nice '75 super beetle in my
area. It looks to be in great shape, but I do worry about the
difficulty of working on the engine myself. I would definitely...
Forum: VW air cooled February 2nd 07, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Houdsie
FI mpg question

I have come to the conclusion that my '73 SB does not like me. I am
currently thinking of selling her and buying something that needs less
work to restore. I don't have the time to commit right now...
Forum: VW air cooled November 17th 06, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Houdsie
Repairing AC Carnage

I have a '73 Super that had AC installed at one time. I want to get
the area behind that dash back to it's proper self. Hopefully with a
working freash air fan and vents. The plastic piece that...
Forum: VW air cooled August 6th 06, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Houdsie
Tips for looking at a convertible

So, I drove 2 hours to look at a '76 vert listed for $3500. The guy I
was dealing with admited he did not know that much about VWs. He had
bought 4 years ago to restore, but never got around it. I...
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 06, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Houdsie
need Help

Speedy Jim's site is a great reference. I had an issue last year with
my gen light. I finally found the brushes needed to be replaced. They
looked fine in the holders because they had plenty of...
Forum: VW air cooled August 3rd 06, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Houdsie
Tips for looking at a convertible

I'm going to look at a '76 convertible this weekend. I am told it is
still fuel injected and the motor does run. The car has been sitting
off and on for about 10 - 15 years. I'm hoping to make it...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10