Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Walker[_1_]
Forum: Technology December 17th 10, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
Buying a new car....

On 12/16/2010 13:13, Existential Angst wrote:
> Awl --
>
> Does buying a new car from the dealer where you plan to have your car
> serviced/checked (ie, closest to where you live) carry any...
Forum: Technology November 4th 10, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
Best way to remove egg

On 11/1/2010 17:41, genius wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> When I returned from a two week vacation, some thundercat threw and
> egg and hit my 1994 Cadillac SLS in the left rear door. I usually wax
> this...
Forum: Technology August 16th 10, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Replies: 17
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
"The Sun Never Sets on GM's Automotive Talent"

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> dr_jeff > wrote:
>> Title was correct before. GM has a lot of automotive talent. Sadly, it
>> has been shown a lot lately in the US. But they do have it,...
Forum: Technology July 10th 10, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
94 Caravan transmission question

Sara Brown wrote:
> Hello. First off I am sorry if I keep asking questions about this
> same van as I am sure you are all busy people. But my brother is very
> poor and he can not afford a new or...
Forum: Chrysler June 19th 10, 12:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
1992 Dodge Grand Caravan Alternator removal

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
> Anybody lend a hand?
>
> This is a '92 Grand Caravan with a 3.3L engine. What's the easiest way to
> remove the alternator from this thing?

I had a '95 with...
Forum: Technology May 12th 10, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
Caravan Trans swap What went wrong?

Programbo wrote:
> Hello. Thanks for all the thoughtful replies. Appearently the reason
> the transmission wouldnt line up with the engine is because the engine
> was pushed several inches back from...
Forum: Technology April 30th 10, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
3.08 vs 3.23 gears for LT1 Chevrolet Caprice

SQ wrote:
> Have a modded LT1 Caprice with hot Cam, 2400 stall torque converter
> and 3.73 gears.

hot cam, 2400 stall converter will not get good efficiency at low rpm.

Have you reprogrammed your...
Forum: Technology April 16th 10, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
Japan radiators ( Toyo, Denso ) have a wrong design

TE Cheah wrote:
> Hot coolant enters @ centre of top of radiator, exits @ 1 bottom
> corner, i.e. coolant can flow from centre top to 1 bottom corner &
> exit earlier than if coolant enters @...
Forum: Technology March 1st 10, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
Last minute tranny removal advice

Sara Brown wrote:
> OK..I have a 1994 Dodge Caravan with a 3.0 Litre engine and it has the
> 3 speed automatic transmission. Recently the transmission went up and
> I have been scouting around for a...
Forum: Technology February 13th 10, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
Any 4R70W experts out there?

Gonna put a used one in my '06 Crown Vic cop car (83K miles), as mine
acts like it has low line pressure at low rpm. It slips at low rpm in 3
or OD, light acceleration from a stop and it slips...
Forum: Technology February 6th 10, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
Station Wagons

N8N wrote:

I told him that oversteer is when the passenger is scared; understeer
is when the driver is
> scared. He still didn't get it. Oh well...
>
> nate
Forum: Technology December 25th 09, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
anyone changed tires after this?

<snip>

>> Anyhow, cops have Interceptor Tires, rated for much higher speeds than
>> the stuff you and I buy.
>
> Are you stuck in the 60's?? They have the same Z-rated tires that
> come on most...
Forum: Technology September 24th 09, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
2006 Crown Vic wheel source

I just bought a 2006 Crown Vic police car, with 17x7.5 inch steel
wheels. Can't find one any cheaper than $60. No junkyards, even online.
Anybody know where I can get one cheaper? It's for the...
Forum: Technology September 13th 09, 05:07 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
OBD-II/CAN Reader at Costco stores for $35.

dsi1 wrote:
> wrote:
>> On Sep 12, 12:49 am, "Ray O" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> If the ScanGauge II gives actual sensor voltages and frequencies,
>>> then it...
Forum: Technology September 13th 09, 04:59 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> > wrote in message
> On Sep 12, 12:49 am, "Ray O"...
Forum: Technology September 8th 09, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
1995 Caravan 2WD 3.3 engine A604/41TE problem

Went into limp home mode. No check engine light. Parked it and next day
all ok. A few days later, same thing. It only happens after about 10 or
so miles of in town driving, but not every time. The...
Forum: Technology April 16th 09, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
1998 Lincoln passive (coil spring) strut replacement

Me again. Another brother problem. ( remember the 95 f-150 with shifting
problems.?) He likes Fords. <G> He has a 1998 Lincoln Continental with a
broken spring in the front strut. We got another,...
Forum: Technology March 22nd 09, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
1995 f-150 high idle/no shift problem

lugnut wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:37:34 -0400, Steve Walker
> > wrote:
>
>> Got some codes the old fashioned way. Jumper wire & count flashes. Did
>> Key On Engine Off...
Forum: Technology March 21st 09, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
1995 f-150 high idle/no shift problem

Got some codes the old fashioned way. Jumper wire & count flashes. Did
Key On Engine Off test after warmup. 1st code 121. Then continuous codes
of 124 and 327. Checked TPS and it's bad. Removed...
Forum: Technology March 21st 09, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
1995 f-150 high idle/no shift problem

Forgot most important thing. Pulled plug from IAC and no change in idle
speed, but can't find any vacuum leaks. New PCV valve.

--
Steve Walker
(remove wallet to reply)

lugnut wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:31:55 -0400, Steve Walker
> > wrote:
>
>> Brother's truck. 1995 5.0 AOD 2 wheel drive. More and more often, when
>> started cold, will...
Forum: Technology March 20th 09, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
1995 f-150 high idle/no shift problem

Brother's truck. 1995 5.0 AOD 2 wheel drive. More and more often, when
started cold, will idle very high, and will not shift out of low. Also,
more and more often, after warm, while driving down...
Forum: Technology February 7th 09, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
does anyone make stainless steel exhaust studs?

Nate Nagel wrote:
> subject line says all... am getting a pair of "cast headers" for my
> Stude project and would like to use stainless studs with brass nuts for
> the manifold to downpipe...
Forum: Technology January 17th 09, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Walker[_1_]
* 1990 Olds Stalls/Bogs on acceleration * Update!!!

wrote:
> On Jan 16, 7:26 pm, Steve Walker > wrote:
>> Ecartman84 wrote:
>>> This is the update to the post I made awhile back on here
Forum: Technology January 17th 09, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech