Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jim beam[_1_]
Forum: Honda August 19th 06, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
97 honda accord ex v6 shakes when braking over 60 mph

wrote:
> Hi, I'm thinking of buying a 97 honda accord ex v6 with 100k miles on
> it. I like it just fine, the only problem is is that it shakes quite
> noticeably when i...
Forum: Honda August 18th 06, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 12
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Civic Radiator Fan and Cooling System Problem.

Jeffrey D. wrote:
> Hi!
> Can anyone tell me the disadvantages of having the fan turned on even
> when the car is started?
>
> Basically the radiator fan is supposed to turn on only when the...
Forum: Honda August 18th 06, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 47
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
'88 Civic starting problem (SOLVED maybe)

Michael Pardee wrote:
> "Matt Ion" > wrote in message
>> TeGGeR® wrote:
>>> Matt Ion > wrote in
Forum: Honda August 18th 06, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 65
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Proper Radiator Cap Pressure Rating for 1994 Honda Accord EX?

Gary Kaucher wrote:
>> [check a third time to make sure there's no slack on the non-drive side,
>> but that it's also not too tight.]
>
> I was too far along to recheck the timing belt. The power...
Forum: Honda August 15th 06, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Gary Kaucher wrote:
>>> I used the 1/4" plate glass lap technique on the deck and the head, just
>>> make sure things were "planer". In doing the deck, I noticed that
>>> cylinder liners were...
Forum: Honda August 15th 06, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Helms Manual for 93 del sol

93 sol si wrote:
> the mechanic, who freelances and does jobs in people's own garage,
> chaged $500 for parts and labor. parts were all new, but not Honda
> parts. The flywheel was remanufactured,...
Forum: Honda August 15th 06, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
engine shampoo

wrote:
> Thanks a lot for clearing this for me. I'll just keep on adding a
> little bit of oil from time to time instead of going into more trouble.

what brand oil are you using? ...
Forum: Honda August 14th 06, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
brake squeal - (400$ -autoshope quoted.) quote too high??

wrote:
>> ARe you pulling our collective legs - were the front brake pads
>> replaced at the 30K service interval?
>
> They were not replaced during the 30K service ....
Forum: Honda August 14th 06, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 2
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Honda brake pads?

Peabody wrote:
> My 94 Accord has all of 52,000 miles on it, and it's about time to
> get a front-end brake job.
>
> I can save a few bucks having the job done at a local shop, and
> they've told...
Forum: Honda August 12th 06, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Civic Stalling in Hot Weather

'Curly Q. Links' wrote:
> neosirex wrote:
>> Hi i have a 1998 Civic Cx Automatic with 160k miles on it
>> The car has a hard time starting in hot weather sometimes and also
>> sometimes stalls when...
Forum: Honda August 12th 06, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
91 Acura Integra - High NOx - Failed emissions test - NJ

TeGGeR® wrote:
> wrote in
> :
>
>> My 91 acura Integra LS failed the emission test a second time for high
>> NOx. Could...
Forum: Honda August 12th 06, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Helms Manual for 93 del sol

93 sol si wrote:
> If you've got one lying around in good/decent condition, i'll buy it
> from you.
>
> I really need the drivetrain & engine sections badly. My clutch is bad
> and i want to...
Forum: Honda August 11th 06, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
'99 Accord Engine mount

TeGGeR® wrote:
> jim beam > wrote in news:lvidnQEcLtrmYUbZnZ2dnUVZ_r-
> :
>
>> Nigel Spon wrote:
>>> I have just had my '99 Accord wagon serviced, and the...
Forum: Honda August 11th 06, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Gary Kaucher wrote:
> [...]
Forum: Honda August 11th 06, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honds
Replies: 1
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
1992 Accord stutter. Possible EGR issues.

Greg Campbell wrote:
> 1992 Accord 5 spd has 'classic' EGR symptoms.
>
> When warm, engine stutters slighty at low revs, smooths out by ~2.5K
> Car runs smoothly when cold.
>
> But...
>
> Just...
Forum: Honda August 11th 06, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 4
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
'99 Accord Engine mount

Nigel Spon wrote:
> I have just had my '99 Accord wagon serviced, and the dealer tells me
> the front engine mount has a split in it and really should be replaced.
> Its not expensive but it sounds...
Forum: Honda August 10th 06, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Gary Kaucher wrote:
> water
Forum: Honda August 9th 06, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
HONDA Civic Gets HOT when Aircondition System is On

Jeffrey D. wrote:
> i went to the shop last monday and had the car fixed. they noticed that
> there is a very high pressure coming out from my radiator even when the
> cooling fan is turned on! they...
Forum: Honda August 9th 06, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Repairing Some Dents in an Image (vaguely OT, but I think ofinterest to the group)

Sparky Spartacus wrote:
<snip>

sparky, can't you spot detroit-paid lobbyist fud when you see it? sit
back and enjoy the quite incredible irony of realization that if detroit
spent the same amount...
Forum: Honda August 8th 06, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Gary Kaucher wrote:
> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>> Gary Kaucher wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> I've got everything apart and I...
Forum: Honda August 8th 06, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
High speed shimmy

John wrote:
> OK, newest update:
>
> I recently noticed a pretty serious negative camber on my rear wheels.
> The most affected tire has the most negative camber. I took a 2ft
> level out for some...
Forum: Honda August 8th 06, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 65
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Proper Radiator Cap Pressure Rating for 1994 Honda Accord EX?

Gary Kaucher wrote:
<snip>

> I've got everything apart and I have ordered head, intake, and exhaust
> gaskets from www.slhonda.com.
> I noticed that there was some deterioration of the intake...
Forum: Honda August 6th 06, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
92 honda dx hatchback front bearings

Leo wrote:
> Greetings, After my complaint last december an honest mechanic advised
> front berings need replacing on my 92 civic DK hatchback. I have no $
> so have put it off. It has 316,000Km and...
Forum: Honda August 4th 06, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Jeffrey D. wrote:
> Hi Guys!
> Need all your help and expert opinion.
> My second-hand (or used car) honda civic 97 vtec model has a new
> radiator but the engine gets hot when my aircondition is...
Forum: Honda August 4th 06, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By jim beam[_1_]
Touchy brakes on '06 Accord V6