Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rabbit TDi
Forum: VW water cooled October 29th 06, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Rabbit TDi
2006 Passat Transmission Troubles???

If that's what you want to believe. Apparently the ATF is life long and
so is the coolant...and the timing belt isn't supposed to snap at 30K
either.

Some cars have issues. Check you mounts for...
Forum: VW water cooled October 29th 06, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Rabbit TDi
2006 Passat Transmission Troubles???

If it shifts smoothly check your mounts.
Forum: VW water cooled October 21st 06, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Rabbit TDi
The Strange Case of the Disolving Tires ...

I had a 2002 Jetta GLS and the tires were crap after 15,000 miles.
Forum: VW water cooled September 17th 06, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 17
Posted By Rabbit TDi
Changing out the gear oil in a 96 Jetta GL w/ 5spd...

DO NOT use ATF in your manual tranny.

You will need a 17mm Alen to take out the plug on the bottom of the
tranny to drain it. Then you are supposed to fill the case from the
side with about 2L of...
Forum: VW water cooled September 4th 06, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Rabbit TDi
85 diesel with broken timming belt

Pull that head off and see if you have bent valves. If it's just a bent
valve you can replace it with a new one and it'll run fine. If the
piston has valve marks on it you might want to change those...
Forum: VW water cooled September 4th 06, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Rabbit TDi
Diesel Headache (Old Skool 1500 vs. 1600)

If you're willing to ship just the pistons+ connecting rods I'd be
happy to buy them. I am looking for decent "serviceable" ones. If they
are bad and you have "decent" rodbearings I'll consider...
Forum: VW water cooled September 3rd 06, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Rabbit TDi
Diesel Headache (Old Skool 1500 vs. 1600)

I'm dealing with rebuilding a 1.5D in a 1985 Vw Golf.

Yes I know that it would have came with a 1.6- but the block just has a
"D" on it and the wrist pins are 22mm not 24. Making it a 1.5....
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7