Replies: 8
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
New Rabbit TDI

On 2007-04-19, higgledy > wrote:
> Does VW have plans to bring back the TDI in the new Rabbit?

Look for an array of new TDI models starting in...
Forum: VW water cooled February 10th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
86 Diesel Golf , glow plug light stays on .

On 2007-02-10, > wrote:
> It is very dim. But stays on. Any one know what that means , and how
> to fix it? TIA

I haven't come across that problem on my '84...
Forum: VW water cooled January 15th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 21
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
water puddle under car

On 2007-01-14, none2u > wrote:
> The result of the Rabbit with no AC,is it wont defrost as good as it used
> too. Sometimes. If there's little moisture , heat works good....
Forum: VW water cooled January 14th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
81 Rabbit diesel A/C Issues

Thanks for the explanation guys. Its nice to know that the A/C coming
on with the defroster is simply to make the defrostting/defogging work
more efficiently.

Cheers,
Bryan

--
remove the "REMOVE"...
Forum: VW water cooled January 12th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On 2007-01-12, Joseph Meehan > wrote:
> Bert Hyman wrote:
>> () wrote in news:45a65f87.2621811@localhost:
>>
>>> the defroster runs the air conditioner to...
Forum: VW water cooled December 20th 06, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
93 VW Golf Diesel

On 2006-12-20, tnkgrl7 > wrote:

> started ****ing diesel like it was free, so the seals in the injector
> pump are done, should I re-ring it or just get a new pump?. I was
Forum: VW water cooled December 12th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
stick shift is really hard to move until the car warms up

On 2006-12-12, dave AKA vwdoc1 > wrote:
> have all wheel bearings checked and look for the noise!

And don't procrastinate. You don't want to lose a wheel at 55 mph.

> "tracy"...
Forum: VW water cooled October 26th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
How easy are used VW New Beetles to sell?

On 2006-10-26, Gary D > wrote:
> I don't even know how well new Beetles are selling or if they are
> even popular any more.

My guess is that it partly depends on whether the New...
Forum: VW water cooled October 25th 06, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Location of Drain Holes in an A1 Rabbit

On 2006-10-24, Bryan K. Walton > wrote:
> Can anybody tell me where all the drain holes are in an A1 Rabbit? I

Thanks everybody who replied for the locations of the...
Forum: VW water cooled October 24th 06, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Location of Drain Holes in an A1 Rabbit

Can anybody tell me where all the drain holes are in an A1 Rabbit? I
know there are two in the cowl. There appear to be one each at the
bottom of the front doors. There is a little plug that I was...
Forum: VW water cooled October 23rd 06, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Rear Shoulder Belts in a Rabbit

On 2006-10-23, Timothy J. Lee > wrote:

> You might want to check again for "official" rear seat shoulder belt
> mounting points (perhaps hidden behind some fabric or carpet). ...
Forum: VW water cooled October 21st 06, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On 2006-10-20, Andrew Sullivan > wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:04:28 -0000, in rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
> (message...
Forum: VW water cooled October 20th 06, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 16
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Diesel Tune-up

On 2006-10-20, > wrote:
> Hello all, I'm new to this group. I have just purchased my first
> watercooled volkswagen, a 1981 diesel rabbit truck. It...
Forum: VW water cooled October 19th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
current ETKA version

On 2006-10-19, dave AKA vwdoc1 > wrote:
> Has anyone ever bought from this company?
>
> http://www.autocd.com/index.html?q=10&gc=150&sha=0

I haven't. But if you do purchase...
Forum: VW water cooled October 19th 06, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On 2006-10-18, Timothy J. Lee > wrote:
> In article >,
> Bryan K. Walton > wrote:
>>To the...
Forum: VW water cooled October 18th 06, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Rear Shoulder Belts in a Rabbit

So I've been googling through the archives looking for information on
retrofitting shoulder belts into the back seat of my '84 Rabbit. I
found a few previous threads of people who were interested in...
Forum: VW water cooled September 15th 06, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Catalog companies

On 2006-09-15, Dave > wrote:

> http://partsplaceinc.com/
> Being doing business with them for over 20 years.
>
> Great all around, they have about everything.

And just in case Dave's...
Forum: VW water cooled August 31st 06, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
2007-09 Model Trends from VWoA

There is some good news coming out of VWoA regarding their model
lineup (at least I see it as good news). According to the following
web...
Forum: VW water cooled August 23rd 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Help with Backup Light Switch Electrical Part

> Bryan K. Walton wrote:
>>
>> I'll order 000979225 the next go around.

Just a late followup to confirm (should anybody need this info in the
future) that 000979225 IS the correct electrical...
Forum: VW water cooled August 18th 06, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
'82 Rabbit blower switch problem

On 2006-08-15, Rich > wrote:
> Rich wrote:
>>
> Thany you for all the tips!!
> As luck would have it, we located an aftermarket VW shop
> that had exact replacement switch (P/N...
Forum: VW water cooled August 6th 06, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Why VW's get bad gas mileage?

On 2006-08-06, Papa > wrote:

> "Jon R. Patrick" > wrote in message
>>
>> 22/30 according to the EPA.
>
> That's not a very impressive set of numbers for the...
Forum: VW water cooled August 5th 06, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 42
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Why VW's get bad gas mileage?

On 2006-08-05, Jon R. Patrick > wrote:

> I could go on (my ford gets better mileage with an auto tranny)... but I
> wonder WHY? Anybody have a feel for it.

Hold out for...
Forum: VW water cooled August 4th 06, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Performing a Coolant Pressure Check on an '84 Diesel Rabbit

I've got an '84 diesel Rabbit. The radiator doesn't have a cap on it.
The expansion tank is where you fill/top off the coolant. Now, I've
got a small coolant leak that I need to track down. I just...
Forum: VW water cooled July 27th 06, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Bryan K. Walton
Was there an A2 wagon with a diesel engine?

On 2006-07-27, jtaylor > wrote:
> I like the 92 jetta sedan I have; would like a wagon more. Want a diesel -
> were they made in those years with that engine, and...
Forum: VW water cooled July 25th 06, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On 2006-06-22, Bryan K. Walton > wrote:

> Sounds great. It appears that the 000979227 is what I need. I'm not
> positive, but that is what I'm going to get and we...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30