Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 2.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: NewMan[_1_]
Forum: Chrysler May 10th 10, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
2002 GC Headlight Problem...

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:33:20 -0700, Newman >
wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:57:45 -0800 (PST), Bob AZ >
>wrote:
>
>>On Feb 16, 7:59?am, Newman...
Forum: Chrysler May 8th 07, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
Gas Mileage problem -Solved!

With my 1994 GC I was getting about 25 Miles per US Gallon on the
highway - fully loaded with A/C ON. With light load and A/C off, 27
Miules per US Gallon was not unheard of (roads around here fairly...
Forum: Chrysler April 29th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 12
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
94 dodge caravan ignition coil

Code 11, IIRC, is something like "Battery was disconnected".

Holy sheep dip Batman! You paid $1800 for this thing, and you did ALL
that to it??? I bet you spent double what you paid for it.

Sorry...
Forum: Chrysler April 20th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 20
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
Trouble playing burned audio CDRs in Sebring

I have heard before that DVD burners do not always do a good job at
burning CDs. Yeah, they are SUPPOSED to work....

Let us know how it goes.

On 20 Apr 2007 04:17:49 GMT, Mac Cool >...
Forum: Chrysler March 18th 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
GV 2003 3.8

Transmission codes require a special scan tool and are NOT stored in
or read by the OBDII Engine Computer System.

Any reputable transmission shop should read the codes for you (if any)
for FREE. It...
Forum: Dodge March 17th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
About Caravan tranny problem

We used to own a 1994 Grand Caravan. The tranny went at about 130,000
Kms. We had it rebuild by a shop that had done some work for the
previous owner. They screwed it up. We had a 20,000 km, 1...
Forum: Chrysler March 17th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
About Caravan tranny problem

We used to own a 1994 Grand Caravan. The tranny went at about 130,000
Kms. We had it rebuild by a shop that had done some work for the
previous owner. They screwed it up. We had a 20,000 km, 1...
Forum: Chrysler March 16th 07, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
A604 problem

Have it checked out by a reliable and reputable shop.

It could be many things, but if there are times when it shifts
normally, then it could be as simple as a cable harness problem.

OH, BTW, the...
Forum: Chrysler December 27th 06, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
1994 Caravan BCM questions....

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:35:16 -0500, "maxpower"
> wrote:

>"NewMan" > wrote in message
>> I...
Forum: Chrysler December 26th 06, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
1994 Caravan BCM questions....

I used to have a 1994 GC. AFAIK, those vans were NOT equiped with
"BCM"s until th 1996 model year. I had LOTS of stuff go wrong with
that van, and I never ran across one. (I am not an expert...
Forum: Chrysler December 25th 06, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 31
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
2002 GC Steering Noise...

UPDATE...

The car is still in the shop, but the word is...

As I suspected, GM sub'ed it out to Chrysler. The word that I have is
that Chrysler determined the sterring rack needed to be replaced! So...
Forum: Chrysler December 12th 06, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 69
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
Rented a RWD Magnum in wintery Montana - Yuk!

If all rear wheel drives were "positraction" then it would be a more
fair comparison. "regular" RWD is absolutely hopeless.

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 02:30:06 GMT, NowItsWhatever...
Forum: Chrysler December 5th 06, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 31
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
2002 GC Steering Noise...

Well, I purchased the van used froma GM dealer. I also purchased a
warranty with it, and I have only (so far) returned to that dealer for
service.

I know they subbed the van back out to Chrysler for...
Forum: Chrysler November 19th 06, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 31
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
2002 GC Steering Noise...

This is what I suspect.

I had to replace a pump on my 1994, but that was at more like 180,000
kms! NOT 98,000 kms!

Then again, I did not purchase my 1994 until about 125,000 kms. So
maybe the pumps...
Forum: Chrysler November 18th 06, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 31
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
2002 GC Steering Noise...

Walmart Canada?! :)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:01:18 -0500, Bill Putney >
wrote:

>NewMan wrote:
>
>> I thought maybe that was the case. My owners manual says that the P/S
>> fluid is...
Forum: Chrysler November 10th 06, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
Town & Country Van

The 3.3 and 3.8 are the same block. I have had the 3.0 and the 3.3.
STAY AWAY from the 3.0!!! it is, without a doubt, the biggest piece
of crap I have ever seen! When they get older they PUKE oil. I...
Forum: Chrysler October 31st 06, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
1999 Chrysler T&C tranny question

Just so you know, there is a VERY reputable shop in my local area that
rebuilds these for $1495 CDN$ plus tax. That includes the re & re, AND
a fill with ATF+4, and a 1 year warranty which precious...
Forum: Chrysler October 31st 06, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 14
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
1993 Voyager w/ 3.3 fails emissions test. Also getting code "21"

I used NGK in my 1994, worked like a charm. Had teh shop do it, took
more time to write the invoice than it did to replace the part. $130
ballpark with taxes. CDN$

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:35:59...
Forum: Chrysler October 29th 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
Caravan Thermostat Question.

I imagine it is there to help compennsate for different operating
conditions.

When I used to live on the prairies, the owners manual for may car
said that 10W30 was the recommended oil. However, if...
Forum: Chrysler October 28th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 6
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
Bulbs

The usual config for them these days is to use a replaceable halogen
bulb. It is not like the old days of "sealed beam" bulbs. (although
retrofit kits can be imported from Germany...)

Pop the hood,...
Forum: Chrysler October 20th 06, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 12
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
99 T & C Air conditioning problem

My Bad.

Thanks Bob.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:33:15 GMT, "Bob Shuman"
> wrote:

>For clarification, the condenser is in front of the radiator under the hood.
>The...
Forum: Chrysler September 30th 06, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 4
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
93 GRAND CARAVAN RUNS POORLY WHEN FUEL TANK BELOW QUARTER FULL.....

When I had a 94 GC with 3.3 litre, I was getting about 20 MPG city,
and 27 MPG highway. Engine was impecably maintained, and trans had
been rebuilt.

City driving was unloaded, and highway was...
Forum: Chrysler September 20th 06, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 148
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
while GM is going tits up- and will now merge with another loser, Ford- the Japs will eat them alive

<SNIP>

>>If the ricers are so great, how come GM is still #1 after ALL THESE
>>YEARS ? <snip>

It's called momentum or inertia. But the market forces which pushed GM
along are no longer present....
Forum: Chrysler September 18th 06, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
93 Caravan Computer problem

The common element is water. You have an electrical problem. This is
NOT a computer problelm. Water is shorting something out.

In days gone by I have had water splashing on bad high-voltage
ignition...
Forum: Chrysler September 16th 06, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 12
Posted By NewMan[_1_]
help 95 grand caravan starter dead?

The same thing happened on my 1994 GC years back. It was the contacts.
I had the rebuilder do it for me including the re & re. The only thing
they did more than replacing the contacts was to put the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43