AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What to do before warranty runs out (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72830)

[email protected] August 21st 06 03:26 PM

What to do before warranty runs out

Just purchased a used 05 Town and Country with 32k miles on it. Traded
in an 03 Dodge Ram 1500 and almost did an even trade. Couldnt' afford
to put gas in the Ram anymore. Is there anything I should have looked
at on the T&C before the bumper to bumper warranty runs out in about 4k
miles? It runs fine but is there anything I can take advantage of now
before the warranty is gone?

NewMan[_1_] August 21st 06 05:08 PM

What to do before warranty runs out

Why not pay an independant shop for a full mechanical and safety
inspection? Probably cost you $100. Then you can take the independant
report to DC and have any issues addressed.

Don't even bother taking it to the dealer for this inspection. They
will likely charge you the $$$ and then tell you there is "nothing
wrong". They don't make a lot of $$$ off warranty work. But they make
LOTS of $$$ when you have to bring it back a year after the warranty
and get things fixed at full shop rate!