AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   78 Cordoba Crown Coupe (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8513)

Doug M. October 19th 04 08:12 PM

78 Cordoba Crown Coupe

I thought you folks might like to see a real beautiful car from the
good ol days

http://community-2.webtv.net/winger8...oba/index.html

Daniel J. Stern October 19th 04 10:45 PM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Doug M. wrote:

> I thought you folks might like to see a real beautiful car from the
> good ol days
>
> http://community-2.webtv.net/winger8...oba/index.html

Rrrrrrrrrrich Corrrrrrrrrrinthian Leatherrrrrrrrrr....

Daniel J. Stern October 19th 04 10:45 PM

Daniel J. Stern October 19th 04 10:46 PM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Doug M. wrote:

> I thought you folks might like to see a real beautiful car from the
> good ol days

1978 was not the "good old days". 1978 was near the nadir of vehicle
performance and economy in North America.

Daniel J. Stern October 19th 04 10:46 PM

Jes October 20th 04 04:12 AM

Reminds me of my brother 1975 Charger Special Edition. (Like the Cordoba and
Magnum)
It had a 400 CID Engine and a Quadrajet carb
Boy! that thing sucked gas like nobodys business.

I still remember the commercial "Hey Charger"

. umich.edu...

Jes October 20th 04 04:12 AM

BRIAN October 20th 04 06:34 AM

Nice car they dont make them like that any more. I use to own a 77
plymouth gran fury with a 400ci engine. It had a nice ride and good
power and only 33500 miles.Sold it about five years ago.

BRIAN October 20th 04 06:34 AM

Steve October 20th 04 08:55 PM

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Doug M. wrote:
>

>> I thought you folks might like to see a real beautiful car from the
>>good ol days

> 1978 was not the "good old days". 1978 was near the nadir of vehicle
> performance and economy in North America.

Agreed- 78 was automotive hell. But that being said, the Cordoba was
still on the B-body platform at that time (prior to being banished to
F/M/J body hell), could still be had with big-block power, and WAS one
of the few "good ones" still available. And that is a NICE example.