AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Caravan 2000, Power Window question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73343)

Rob August 28th 06 02:08 PM

Caravan 2000, Power Window question

Hi,
my power window (only driver side) doesnt work properly, some times it works
but very very slow and some times it doesnt work at all. Does anyone know if
it is easy to be fixed? Do you know what part has to be replaced?
Can I do it by myself?
Thanks for any help-Rob

philthy August 29th 06 12:56 AM

Caravan 2000, Power Window question

more than likely the cable drive is getting ready to break or is bninding real
bad and a new one is in order i have done alot of them and if can change a water
pump u can do that too

Rob August 29th 06 01:40 PM

Caravan 2000, Power Window question

Yesterday, when I checked the power window again, I noticed now it doesn
work at all, and no motor sound. I tried to open the cover, I took 4 screws
off, but still coudnt take the cover off. Is there any trick to do that?
Also is cable drive a part of the regulator+Motor package? Is there anyway
to troubleshoot to see what part has to be changed?
Sorry for too many questions.
Rob

philthy August 30th 06 12:05 AM

Caravan 2000, Power Window question

once you get all the screws out you have to pop! the door panel off if you don't
have the panel pop tools the palstic fastners are stronger than the metal they
are in. a simple test lite is all you need to test the motor there is 2 wires
unplug it then insert you test lite and clamp into each terminal of the motor
connector carefully then operate the switch in up and down mode if the lite
comes on in both directions the complete circuit is good and the motor is bad
or jambed by a broke binding cable