AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   97 Jeep Wrangler bizarre VIN (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38745)

Fidelio July 21st 05 08:08 AM

97 Jeep Wrangler bizarre VIN

I got (imported) a second hand 97' Jeep Wrangler with a VIN I cannot
understand. It is supposed to be a Sahara model but this is the VIN:

1 - USA
J - Jeep
4 - MPV
F - 1815 to 2267 Kilograms
Y - Wrangler 4x4
N - THIS IS THE BIZARRE CODE... Any Idea? Sahara should be 4
9 - Open body
S - 4.0L 6 Cyl. Gasoline Unleaded
8 - My control digit... has no explanation.
V - Year 97
P - Toledo plant 2
Then the 6 digits serial number.

So... what on earth does the N on series means????? I did full query on
Google and news without success.

Thank you in advance,
Javier
(from Spain... where the original Toledo is... eheheheh)

Dave Milne July 21st 05 09:22 AM

N means "5-speed Manual Transmission (Europe) "

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III July 21st 05 08:07 PM

5-speed Manual Transmission (Europe):
http://jeep.avtograd.ru/VIN/vin_en.asp still something wrong.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/