AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   thermocouple? 96 A4 Quattro (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=1377)

fubar November 4th 04 05:19 AM

thermocouple? 96 A4 Quattro

In my 96 2.8 Quattro, the front lower air dam got ripped off last year in a
snow bank and there "was" a 2 lead wire sensor hanging down right below the
radiator. I had used a cable tie to keep it off the ground but it appears to
missing now. I don't notice anything different, behavior wise or on the dash
displays, anyone know what this sensor was for and maybe a part number so I
could re-order it?
Thanks

R@L November 4th 04 08:36 AM

"fubar" > wrote in message
> In my 96 2.8 Quattro, the front lower air dam got ripped off last year in
> snow bank and there "was" a 2 lead wire sensor hanging down right below
> the
> radiator. I had used a cable tie to keep it off the ground but it appears
> missing now. I don't notice anything different, behavior wise or on the
> dash
> displays, anyone know what this sensor was for and maybe a part number so
> could re-order it?
> Thanks

The sensor for outdoor temperature?

Ronald

Jesper Giovanni November 5th 04 04:56 AM

"R@L" > wrote in message
> The sensor for outdoor temperature?

The sensor for snow banks!? ;o)
....remember he hasnt seen any indications since it got ripped off. *g*

(offtopic...but hey - its friday *w00t!*)

--
Gio