AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rFactor - The online is execellent (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17452)

Jason Monds November 16th 04 03:24 AM

rFactor - The online is execellent

Thanks ISI. You brought my favorite racing sim (F1C) into the online world
:-D

I setup a server called "PRC 1Mbit Canada" and set it to 25 drivers because
32 uncontrolled people on one course is pretty insane, but it'll be great
for league races.

From first hand experience, hosting with 10 to 20 people is just fine. The
server hosted 28 drivers and the participants said it the connection was
good -- I couldn't see it for myself because I wasn't racing. No outragous
warp, just good ol' fun.

Jason.

John Cauthen November 17th 04 01:59 AM

Jason,

I was on your server yesterday and I can attest that it was up to the task.
I think there were as many as 15 on the track at one point during practice,
and it was virtually indistinguishable from the online quality of a NASCAR
2003 race on Sierra.com. Keep up the good work! Hope to catch you there
sometime... my rFactor handle is "Sy Donia".

John

Jason Monds November 18th 04 01:52 AM

Even with drivers of 240 latency, the connection is really good.

The physical server will be up at least until Monday. If the "PRC 1Mbit
Canada" server can't be found it's probably due to a bug in the dedicated
server which crashes the program after about 4 hours of hard racing.

My handle is "Jason". Catchy, I know :-)

Jason.