AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Just used Fweembucks to get some Amsoil synthetic for the gearbox (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13710)

Anthony December 7th 04 06:15 PM

Just used Fweembucks to get some Amsoil synthetic for the gearbox

It's that time of year again, and those fweembucks are gonna go to
waste soon, so I put 'em to good use and ordered three quarts of John
C's Amsoil synthetic gear lube. Any tips for putting the new stuff in
and taking the old out? First time I've changed the gear oil on my
car; it's a '73 std.

Thanks

~Anthony

Ben Boyle December 7th 04 07:51 PM

Make sure the fill plug will open before you drain it. Get it warm and it'll drain out easier.