AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Honda Accord Assembly Sites (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38730)

Dick July 21st 05 06:56 AM

Honda Accord Assembly Sites

How many Accord assembly plants are there that produce cars for U.S.
consumption? Where are they located?

Dick

m July 21st 05 01:11 PM

Dick <LeadWinger> wrote in :

> How many Accord assembly plants are there that produce cars for U.S.
> consumption? Where are they located?
>
> Dick

Well I'n not sure how much production they do for the U.S., but there's an
inhection molding place here (canada) call Listowel Tech, that does the
various plastic peices, and then there's teh assembly plant in Alliston
Ontario (canada)

TeGGeR® July 21st 05 04:11 PM

Dick <LeadWinger> wrote in :

> How many Accord assembly plants are there that produce cars for U.S.
> consumption? Where are they located?

Google is your friend.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosins...0/C01-1289.htm

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

DesignGuy July 21st 05 06:30 PM

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
> How many Accord assembly plants are there that produce cars for U.S.
> consumption? Where are they located?

There's a plant in Marysville, Ohio. My '95 Civic was made there, not sure
if they also make Accords or not.

S.S. July 21st 05 06:40 PM

DesignGuy wrote:

>> How many Accord assembly plants are there that produce cars for U.S.
>> consumption? Where are they located?

> There's a plant in Marysville, Ohio. My '95 Civic was made there, not sure
> if they also make Accords or not.

As far as I know, most North American Accords are made at the Marysville
plant, although some may come from Japan or (*GASP*) Mexico.

Dick July 21st 05 07:30 PM

On 21 Jul 2005 15:11:34 GMT, "TeGGeR®" > wrote:

>Dick <LeadWinger> wrote in :
>
>> How many Accord assembly plants are there that produce cars for U.S.
>> consumption? Where are they located?
>>

>Google is your friend.
>
>http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosins...0/C01-1289.htm

Thanks, but it doesn't give me what I am looking for. I am searching
for the facilities that do the final assembly and painting of Accords.
I was only aware of Marysville and Japan. There may be others.

Dick

TeGGeR® July 21st 05 08:08 PM

Dick <LeadWinger> wrote in
:

> On 21 Jul 2005 15:11:34 GMT, "TeGGeR®" > wrote:
>
>>Dick <LeadWinger> wrote in
m:

>>> How many Accord assembly plants are there that produce cars for U.S.
>>> consumption? Where are they located?
>>>

>>Google is your friend.
>>
>>http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosins...0/C01-1289.htm

> Thanks, but it doesn't give me what I am looking for. I am searching
> for the facilities that do the final assembly and painting of Accords.
> I was only aware of Marysville and Japan. There may be others.

Google is still your friend.

Go to:
www.google.com

and type in these search terms, exactly as you see them he
"honda accord" "assembly plants"

The first result that comes up is:
http://autonews.com/files/03wadNAMap.pdf

which I believe answers your question.

Sparky Spartacus July 21st 05 11:53 PM

DesignGuy wrote:

> "Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
>
>>How many Accord assembly plants are there that produce cars for U.S.
>>consumption? Where are they located?

> There's a plant in Marysville, Ohio. My '95 Civic was made there, not sure
> if they also make Accords or not.

My 2003 was - IIRC most Accords sold in the US are assembled in Marysville.