AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pictures for you web wheelers. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25111)

Kevin in San Diego February 23rd 05 03:34 AM

Pictures for you web wheelers.

I went tornado and puddle chasing here in our recent bad socal rainy
weather.
http://members17.clubphoto.com/kevin...r-9327-1.phtml
KH

Adonis February 23rd 05 04:06 AM

Kevin in San Diego wrote:
> I went tornado and puddle chasing here in our recent bad socal rainy
> weather.
> http://members17.clubphoto.com/kevin...r-9327-1.phtml
> KH

Very nice pictures, looks like a lot of fun was had on that trip, I am
jealous though, my XJ is only 2WD *sniff*.

Adonis

RoyJ February 23rd 05 04:56 AM

Sheesh! You guys just don't understand WET weather! :)

That looks like a fairly normal (at least once a summer) heavy rain with
a few straight line winds in front of the thunderstorm for Minnesota/
Wisconsin!!!

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III February 23rd 05 06:21 AM

I won't drive out on adobe after a rain!
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Will Honea February 23rd 05 08:14 AM

Yup - what I've heard described as 'slicker than snot on a door knob'.
Worse than snow any day - slidng sideways down a 7% grade!

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:21:57 UTC L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

--
Will Honea

Kevin in San Diego February 23rd 05 03:14 PM

yes, that clay has a powerful vacuum. That guy who drove on that lawn was a
total moron.
KH

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III February 23rd 05 08:04 PM

Other types of dirt seem to contain the water near the surface,
with adobe there's no bottom, once you break through the top.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Dave Milne February 23rd 05 09:09 PM

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=thixotropic

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III February 23rd 05 09:36 PM

OK. All I can tell you is the only still standing in California
form three hundred years ago are the Spanish Missions made with adobe.
That must seem funny to you when you see man made things from thousands
of years ago.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Dave Milne February 23rd 05 10:06 PM

300 years for mud isn't bad.

I'm still amazed by how our ancestors managed to build Stone Henge out of
stone ( not far off 5000 years old). They dragged some of the smaller 4 ton
blue stones from the Preseli mountains in Wales 240 miles !!! [dont ask me
why !].

http://members.tripod.com/~k_two/mys...stonehenge.htm
http://www.theheritagetrail.co.uk/ea...stonehenge.htm