AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Dodge Charger (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34772)

Art June 7th 05 09:59 PM

New Dodge Charger

I drove the 8 and 6 today. For those of you who think the Chrysler 300/300C
is incredibly ugly, this may be your salvation. Rear visibility might also
be a bit better though rear access for the rear seat might be slightly
worse.

The only thing I miss from the Chrysler is driver's seat glide back when you
turn off the car. My 300M has it and so does the 300/300C. Any way to turn
it on the Magnum/CHarger twins?

The Dodge Charger comes with the Mercedes 5 speed even if you buy the 6.
Some people may be happy with that, some people won't. Next year's
Chrysler's will be the same. One issue I had with it was that I touched the
manual shifter by mistake during the test drive and made it switch a gear
but I had no idea how to turn it back to auto shifting. My salesman was
clueless.

My dealer said all cars were 1% below invoice except for the Charger
although I had the feeling that if you were ready to buy he might be
desperate enuf to sell it that low too. After all in a few weeks the
pipeline will be full.

General Schvantzkoph June 8th 05 03:57 AM

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:59:42 +0000, Art wrote:

> I drove the 8 and 6 today. For those of you who think the Chrysler 300/300C
> is incredibly ugly, this may be your salvation. Rear visibility might also
> be a bit better though rear access for the rear seat might be slightly
> worse.
>
> The only thing I miss from the Chrysler is driver's seat glide back when you
> turn off the car. My 300M has it and so does the 300/300C. Any way to turn
> it on the Magnum/CHarger twins?
>
> The Dodge Charger comes with the Mercedes 5 speed even if you buy the 6.
> Some people may be happy with that, some people won't. Next year's
> Chrysler's will be the same. One issue I had with it was that I touched the
> manual shifter by mistake during the test drive and made it switch a gear
> but I had no idea how to turn it back to auto shifting. My salesman was
> clueless.
>
> My dealer said all cars were 1% below invoice except for the Charger
> although I had the feeling that if you were ready to buy he might be
> desperate enuf to sell it that low too. After all in a few weeks the
> pipeline will be full.

Don't count on there being any discounts of the Hemi version. I just got
the 300C AWD, I tried every dealer in Mass, no one would budge off of the
sticker price. The lead time for a 300C AWD is 3 months, I ended up buying
the one they had on the lot.