AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Where's my HORN??? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72728)

SquiddlieDiddly August 19th 06 08:00 PM

Where's my HORN???

OK, I have scoured my XJ (1992 Cherokee Laredo 4 door) and cannot
locate the
horn. NO, not the horn button on the steering wheel, the HORN - you
know,
the thing that makes the HOOOOOONK sound???

The few books available on this Jeep do not tell you the physical
location.

If you know where it SHOULD be, please reply via email.

DougW August 19th 06 08:56 PM

Where's my HORN???

bizbee wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2006 12:00:06 -0700 in
> . com>,
> "SquiddlieDiddly" > graced the world with
> this thought:
>
>> OK, I have scoured my XJ (1992 Cherokee Laredo 4 door) and cannot
>> locate the
>> horn. NO, not the horn button on the steering wheel, the HORN - you
>> know,
>> the thing that makes the HOOOOOONK sound???
>>
>> The few books available on this Jeep do not tell you the physical
>> location.
>>
>> If you know where it SHOULD be, please reply via email.
>>

> Why don't you have someone blow it while you stand there with the hood
> open?

just watch the proximity of
1) the back of your head
2) the hood latch

:)

IIRC they are behind the front grill to the side of the radiator.
Sometimes under, crawl under, look up behind the bumper by where
the battery is.

--
DougW

Lee Ayrton[_1_] August 19th 06 11:40 PM

Where's my HORN???

bizbee wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2006 12:00:06 -0700 in
> . com>,
> "SquiddlieDiddly" > graced the world with
> this thought:
>

>>OK, I have scoured my XJ (1992 Cherokee Laredo 4 door) and cannot
>>locate the
>>horn. NO, not the horn button on the steering wheel, the HORN - you
>>know,
>>the thing that makes the HOOOOOONK sound???
>>
>>The few books available on this Jeep do not tell you the physical
>>location.
>>
>>If you know where it SHOULD be, please reply via email.
>>

> Why don't you have someone blow it while you stand there with the hood
> open?

I'm guessing that it doesn't make a sound, that's why he wants to find it.

Jeff Strickland[_1_] August 20th 06 12:18 AM

Where's my HORN???

It SHOULD be in the front, in the area of the head lamps.

ups.com...

DougW August 20th 06 12:46 AM

Where's my HORN???

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> It SHOULD be in the front, in the area of the head lamps.

I think with some folks they should mount it in the drivers
headrest. :)

> "SquiddlieDiddly" wrote...
>> OK, I have scoured my XJ (1992 Cherokee Laredo 4 door) and cannot
>> locate the
>> horn. NO, not the horn button on the steering wheel, the HORN - you
>> know,
>> the thing that makes the HOOOOOONK sound???
>>
>> The few books available on this Jeep do not tell you the physical
>> location.
>>
>> If you know where it SHOULD be, please reply via email.

OBTW... Putting email in a Usenet post is an excellent way of getting
lots of spam. :( And I doubt V1agr@ will help him find his horn.
(unless he's Brittish) :D

*running very very fast*

--
DougW

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_] August 20th 06 01:04 AM

Where's my HORN???

Hi Doug,
I have no problem with spam, using my addresses over the Usenet
twenty five thousand times:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...006&saf e=off
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Jeff Strickland[_1_] August 20th 06 02:59 AM

Where's my HORN???

Bill,
Except for me, you are one of the more prolific idiots on Usenet.

I assume you know what prolific means. I could 'splain it to you, but that
would make you more of an idiot than I am.

Lee Ayrton[_1_] August 20th 06 04:24 PM

Where's my HORN???

If we're going _there_, let me just say that I think that all car alarms
should come with shock collars. Failure of the owner to not wear the
collar would be a felony.

--

This website supports what I thought would be true, So It Must Be
(tm).” David Winsemius willingly creates an anti-motto at room

Kate[_3_] August 20th 06 10:59 PM

Where's my HORN???

somebody stop me... this is a gimmie too good to resist....

(holding her naughty tongue and clicking 'send'

Kate

Kate[_3_] August 20th 06 11:00 PM

Where's my HORN???

If you get HORNey enough, it'll jump right out at you!