AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Roofrack Question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25493)

veedub1967 February 27th 05 03:31 AM

Roofrack Question

Hi All,

Been offered an original 1967 roofrack for my bug, and I'm not entirely sure
it's 'original'. Anyone out there have pictures of a true roofrack, or know
where I should look for the vw logo on it? What other signs should I check
for? TIA!

Pls email me at

Shag February 27th 05 04:33 AM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 03:31:31 GMT, "veedub1967" >
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Been offered an original 1967 roofrack for my bug, and I'm not entirely sure
>it's 'original'. Anyone out there have pictures of a true roofrack, or know
>where I should look for the vw logo on it? What other signs should I check
>for? TIA!
>
>Pls email me at

If it looks like this then it is *not* original:
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/vw/r...inish/one.html

---
"There's nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot."
- Inspector Harry Callahan

veedub1967 February 27th 05 05:42 AM

GOSH! that looks 'bad'.. and so does the rack..