AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Bad Boy (Alfa RZ Zagato Spider) (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=215)

Carl Farrington June 26th 04 10:15 PM

Bad Boy (Alfa RZ Zagato Spider)

check this out. Looks rather BMW-esque to me, in a mad mofo sort of way:

http://www.carclassic.com/html/DR18.htm

Catman June 26th 04 10:58 PM

Carl Farrington wrote:

> check this out. Looks rather BMW-esque to me, in a mad mofo sort of way:
>
> http://www.carclassic.com/html/DR18.htm

That is a *horrible* thing to do to an RZ. Hope it's there tomorrow, I may
have to firebomb it ;)
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Carl Farrington June 26th 04 11:08 PM

Catman wrote:
> Carl Farrington wrote:
>

>>check this out. Looks rather BMW-esque to me, in a mad mofo sort of way:
>>
>>http://www.carclassic.com/html/DR18.htm

> That is a *horrible* thing to do to an RZ. Hope it's there tomorrow, I may
> have to firebomb it ;)

LOL :)

There are some interesting cars on there. I was taken to the site by a
http://www.carclassic.com/html/DA06.htm

Arjan Renting June 27th 04 11:03 AM

On 26-6-2004 23:15, Carl Farrington wrote:
> check this out. Looks rather BMW-esque to me, in a mad mofo sort of way:
>
> http://www.carclassic.com/html/DR18.htm

Besides the wheels it seems to me a pretty much original RZ. Maybe it is
the front of the bonnet with the badge on top that gives you the BMW-ish
feeling?

Arjan

Arjan Kuiper June 27th 04 01:17 PM

Nope.....look closely.
1st: the rims, those shouldn't be on a RZ/SZ.
2nd: the rear lights, those are black.

Even i'm getting a large BMW-esque feeling when i see this.

Saluti sportive, Arjan.

"Arjan Renting" > schreef in bericht

Arjan Renting June 27th 04 02:01 PM

On 27-6-2004 14:17, Arjan Kuiper wrote:
> Nope.....look closely.
> 1st: the rims, those shouldn't be on a RZ/SZ.
> 2nd: the rear lights, those are black.
>
> Even i'm getting a large BMW-esque feeling when i see this.
>

> Saluti sportive, Arjan.
>
> "Arjan Renting" > schreef in bericht
>
>>On 26-6-2004 23:15, Carl Farrington wrote:
>>
>>>check this out. Looks rather BMW-esque to me, in a mad mofo sort of way:
>>>
>>>http://www.carclassic.com/html/DR18.htm

>>Besides the wheels it seems to me a pretty much original RZ. Maybe it is
>>the front of the bonnet with the badge on top that gives you the BMW-ish
>>feeling?
>>
>>Arjan

Yes, as I said the wheels are different. The black lights in the rear
seems to be common on more RZ/SZ, see also:
http://home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/monster.html

Only a short while ago the RZ/SZ car was praised to the skies in this
newsgroup http://tinyurl.com/yvdgq Now with another set of wheels (I
don't like them too) it seems to be a non-car?

Arjan

P.S. The owner still has the original wheels as I read.

Arjan Kuiper June 27th 04 02:11 PM

Yes.....the originals have also black lights.
But it looks wrong if it's a black car, don't you agree?
Black exterior needs red rear light imo.
like on this picture of a SZ: http://home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/szprod29.jpg

Hmm....original wheels eh?
Doesn't seem to be true when i see those pictures.
Looks pretty much like aftermarket wheels.

Saluti sportive, Arjan.

Arjan Renting June 27th 04 03:39 PM

On 27-6-2004 15:11, Arjan Kuiper wrote:
> Yes.....the originals have also black lights.
> But it looks wrong if it's a black car, don't you agree?
> Black exterior needs red rear light imo.
> like on this picture of a SZ: http://home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/szprod29.jpg

Hmm... matter of taste, but yes I can agree.

> Hmm....original wheels eh?
> Doesn't seem to be true when i see those pictures.
> Looks pretty much like aftermarket wheels.

Yep, meant to say that the originals are still on stock if I am correct.

Arjan

Vlaho sinfulsaint[spamodjeb] June 27th 04 03:47 PM

> 1st: the rims, those shouldn't be on a RZ/SZ.

right, rims fitted on that car are made by alessio.

Vlaho

Carl Farrington June 27th 04 11:04 PM

Arjan Renting wrote:
> On 27-6-2004 15:11, Arjan Kuiper wrote:
>
>> Yes.....the originals have also black lights.
>> But it looks wrong if it's a black car, don't you agree?
>> Black exterior needs red rear light imo.
>> like on this picture of a SZ: http://home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/szprod29.jpg

> Hmm... matter of taste, but yes I can agree.
>

>> Hmm....original wheels eh?
>> Doesn't seem to be true when i see those pictures.
>> Looks pretty much like aftermarket wheels.

> Yep, meant to say that the originals are still on stock if I am correct.
>
> Arjan

I actually quite like the car :) Does look a bit gasnsta though but
that's down to the black car and black rims.