AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fuel Pump (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=67672)

[email protected] June 17th 06 01:15 AM

Fuel Pump

I have 1995 3.3 Intrepid with a failing fuel pump. I have been able to
keep it running but I will be getting another. I went to the local auto
wreckers because it cost almost $400 new and instead I will only have
to pay $40 for a used one. The place where I will be getting it though
only has a Concord. I was wondering if all Concords, Intrepids, and
Visions used the same fuel pump for all engine sizes and year?

Thanks

Carl

www.geocities.com/billbobbarama

Knifeblade_03 June 17th 06 06:12 AM

Fuel Pump

Your salvage yard should have a Hollander's interchange book, which
lists what models share the same parts. I believe they are are the
same, for your application, but suggest you ask them.

--
Knifeblade_03
Knifeblade_03's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=262826

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Ted Mittelstaedt June 17th 06 08:33 AM

Fuel Pump

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have 1995 3.3 Intrepid with a failing fuel pump. I have been able to
> keep it running but I will be getting another. I went to the local auto
> wreckers because it cost almost $400 new and instead I will only have
> to pay $40 for a used one. The place where I will be getting it though
> only has a Concord. I was wondering if all Concords, Intrepids, and
> Visions used the same fuel pump for all engine sizes and year?

Take the old pump with you and compare.

Ted

Bill Putney June 17th 06 03:11 PM

Fuel Pump

wrote:
> I have 1995 3.3 Intrepid with a failing fuel pump. I have been able to
> keep it running but I will be getting another. I went to the local auto
> wreckers because it cost almost $400 new and instead I will only have
> to pay $40 for a used one. The place where I will be getting it though
> only has a Concord. I was wondering if all Concords, Intrepids, and
> Visions used the same fuel pump for all engine sizes and year?
>
> Thanks
>
> Carl

www.geocities.com/billbobbarama

Besides the cross referecences that the junk yards have that Knifeblade
mentioned, you can generally check it yourself by drilling down for the
part at www.car-part.com. A quick check there shows listings for
'93-'95 for the cars you mentioned as well as the New Yorker and LHS as
cars whose fuel pumps would be interchangeable for your '95 'Trep.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')