AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   '80 Civic c v c c 1.5 manifold cloged up.Any solutions? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26967)

carperson March 14th 05 05:36 PM

'80 Civic c v c c 1.5 manifold cloged up.Any solutions?

The manifold is stoped up with baffle plates that have come lose. I have
been told of only two solutions 1)grind welds off, clean out, weld back
together or 2)buy a new one from Honda for $800.00(US). I also own a '83
Civic Wagon(1500 non-cvcc) I recently had to replace the flex pipe and
took the pipe off the manifold, it's a different design and doesn't clog
with baffle plates. Q.Can I use one of these 'new' type (non-cvcc) on an
old cvcc engine? Can it be modified?